Sunday, December 4, 2022

Puppet Master: Doktor Death (2022)

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, I waited a month. Not too long ago, Fullmoon Productions made Puppet Master: Doktor Death free for a short period. Yes I seen the trailer, I would say one of the better modern Puppet Master movie trailers. This is the second spin off film, how does it compare to Blade film only one way to find out.

Puppet Master: Doktor Death (2022)

I do need to correct something first from my previous Puppet Master movie review. Blade's movie was alright but simply wasn't needed since it further continues off of those fighting Nazis movies. Not to mention, Blade looked somewhat off too. I can't say the same for Doktor Death though. Like Blade's movie, Doktor Death is the only puppet featured in the movie.

Yes I am discrediting my own review of that film here, I'm allowed to do that. Eventually I'll rewatch it with a new review.

The movie itself takes place at an retirement home. The main character just joined the staff there. Three of them found Doktor Death hidden in a chest. I would say some of the most brutal kills so far in the franchise. It turns out Doktor Death is possessed by a demon, all of a sudden it's The Demonic Toys? I know that already sounds off.

Doktor Death is a master at slaying people. The movie is almost an hour long. The acting is well mixed at best. The only Puppet Master movie to not have Blade, I felt somehow it worked to their advantage. Blade puppet could be seen as a spiritual successor to Doktor Death. I would say it's better than some newer Puppet Master movies.

I felt how things plays out was done well enough to get the job done. Honestly, I would say I respect this was it's own movie. How it ties in to other Puppet Master movies isn't fully clear. There's always possibilities where they could go next. Speaking of which, I really wanna see them do an spin off movie with Torch.

Yeah make the high light people getting set on fire. Doktor Death has more of a variety among personalities than their recent movies. This doesn't quite feel like an Puppet Master movie. I do like some stuff it attempted like using an corpse like a puppet while inside of it, oh okay I liked that. At first when I heard the announcement, I was thrown off like why Doktor Death?

Thankfully it does make sense as you're watching the film. Honestly, the death scenes are brutal this time around. Just when you think the killing might slow down actually speeds up instead. People are afraid of doctors this film adds to that fear. I would say not to spoil the movie fully, the ending isn't what you'll expect.

Doktor Death ends up being a surprisingly refreshing entry in this still going horror movie franchise. I also felt the movie made retirement homes places you don't wanna be. Here's a movie not afraid to attempt exploring such concepts. In all honestly, this movie felt well made. Like Baby Oopsie movies, the ending credits is similar in style to that, I loved that here.

No comments:

Post a Comment