Wednesday, December 30, 2020

What are my least favorite Death Battle episodes? (Seasons 1-7)

 Hello everyone I'm Jack Red, now it's time to rip Wiz and Boomstick a new one. I will be presenting each season lists with my least favorite episodes. The ones I really didn't like I'm going to fully rip loose on near the end. You need to see each lists first before then. Otherwise going straight to it will likely cause confusion.


Season 1

Justin Bieber vs Rebecca Black (I know it's a joke fight but still don't like it very much)


Season 2

Pokemon Battle Royale

Kirby vs Majin Buu

Goku vs Superman rematch


Season 3

Bowser vs Ganon

Mewtwo vs Shadow

Meta vs Carolina (Not a fan of Red vs Blue show)

Tracer vs Scout (a little too soon to use Overwatch at that time)

Deadpool vs Pinkie Pie


Season 4

Scrooge McDuck vs Shovel Knight

Android 18 vs Captain Marvel


Season 5

Black Panther vs Batman

Sora vs Pit

Ryu vs Jin (I'm still upset by this episode guys)


Season 6

Mega Man Battle Royale

Black Widow vs. Widowmaker

Aang vs Edward Elric

Mob vs Tatsumaki

All Might vs Might Guy


Season 7

Black Canary vs Sindel

Leonardo vs Red Ranger

Zuko vs Shoto Todoroki

Red vs Blue

Batgirl vs Spider-Gwen


I would say Batgirl vs. Spider-Gwen likely the best of the worst fights I chosen here. There's no point talking about why I don't like either Red vs Blue episodes. But there's a few particular episodes I'm personally not happy with. You could even say I'll become like AVGN ripping them a part. These are the episodes that are to me bottom of the barrel.

There's also no point talking about Justin vs Rebecca episode. It was created as a joke of course the animation was going to be done terribly on purpose. I am not a fan of any those celebrities featured in the fight animation. Alright, it's time to show the world the episodes that really sucks the most balls here.


Goku vs Superman rematch

I can understand doing this fight the first time. No one really given an definitive answer to the biggest fight debate question on history of the internet. Until this particular season finale of Death Battle. I actually felt the entire episode was beautifully done. I have reasons to not include it among my favorite episodes.

But was it necessary to doing a follow up fight? Sure, Goku gets to use his newer god transformations. At the same time, he still loses surprisingly easily to the Man of Steel. I recently heard, a lot of people are demanding for a round 3. Why waste what could've been a great episode? This is a fight no matter what gets added, Goku just can't compete with Superman, I'm sorry folks.


Mewtwo vs Shadow

Obviously not as good as Shadow's previous episode. Also, was it so necessary to kill Shadow off with a giant spoon? I really don't like this episode overall. They heavily played on Shadow's mind being easy to remove memories from. I am not questioning what Mewtwo himself could do. After all, he still is one of the most unique pokemons ever in existence.

This is easily the worst among Nintendo vs Sega episodes. The information could've been done better. The fight animation was garbage to me. This episode is just incredibly poorly made in my opinion. Even the joke bonus episode Mewtwo vs Vegeta was way better than this. This is one of the absolutely worst episodes they ever done period.


Scrooge McDuck vs Shovel Knight

I have a lot of problems with this particular episode. We have a recent game character going against an old comic strip character. He actually dates back to 1947 which is really not fair in this fight. He had more than enough to easily win this fight. Shovel Knight should've fought someone else than this spoiled, old, rich duck prick.

What really doesn't help the situation is many classic comic strips from that era have characters doing ridiculous things with ease. This also includes The Looney Tunes characters as well. My point is this duck was very broken as a character capable of virtually doing anything he wants. It wouldn't even matter if Shovel Knight had a super armor or some kind of transformation, he still loses.


Ryu vs Jin

I am very unhappy with how they went about this particular fight. This is a fight that didn't need any form of scaling. But of course, Ryu had to scale to Akuma!!! There's an ending in a Tekken game that confirmed the devil genes' potential was stated to be limitless. I wonder why something like this was missed?

Even so, anyone having these genes was stated to be ten times stronger than a normal human. It is true, Jin doesn't maintain control in his devil form. Oh okay, I don't question Jin didn't have a counter for that one move to wipe out evil. The animation was mostly solid, I'll give them that. But I just felt the entire unnecessary scaling make this episode come off bias.

My point is Jin was one of the most powerful beings in his universe. It is true that he has half that power with his father having the other half. Even half that power likely took Ogre down. Ryu's heavily depended on using ki should've got explained a bit better. He was more likely going to run out first. I also don't question Ryu had more experience as well as training under belt.


Mega Man Battle Royale

Honestly, it should be obvious what my main problem with this episode is going to be. We have fight different Mega Man characters facing each other. On paper, that concept sounds awesome. But in execution, it quickly becomes heavily unbalanced. They made it clear, two of them are simply way too powerful for three of them to handle.

It's hard to believe a digital Mega Man ended up winning that fight. Let's be honest, classic Mega Man had more of a chance against Astro Boy. Well know by now he also loss that fight. I think a proper battle royale was TMNT and Pokemon in comparison. At least, all the fights were near equals to each other.

Thus any one of them could've won that fight. But here, MegaMan.EXE had too much of an advantage. Honestly, this episode just felt like a waste of an episode to me. I will be honest, I didn't even look much into it while waiting for the episode. It was that level of boring to me. We do need more Mega Man fights but with plenty other characters.


Aang vs Edward Elric

I do agree with their results but let's be honest they just wanted to give Aang an guarantee victory. Originally, he was close of facing Luke Skywalker before he ended up getting replaced by Harry Potter. These two didn't actually have much in common. I could understand putting Aang against Captain Planet.

Sure he would've loss that fight but both of them represent the spirit of the world including mostly the same elements. Also, Edward himself should've fought Joseph Joestar. Now that fight would've been more entertaining than this. This is just one of those fights it easily could've been better with the right characters.

Instead we were given a mismatch that seem to be done on purpose in favor of Aang. Yes, Wiz and Boomstick I am personally calling you out. Now going back to Captain Planet fight, that would've gotten more epic than this in comparison. Even I knew as a FMA fan, Edward was going to lose badly here.

No comments:

Post a Comment