Sunday, September 6, 2020

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection revisited review

 Hello everyone I'm Jack Red, I figured I should do a newer review of Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. Even after playing Sega Genesis Classics, this is my favorite Genesis compilation. Sure, Sega Genesis Classics had games like Gunstar Heroes. But to me, it just felt more like Sega actually cared for us the fans in comparison.

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection is a follow up to Sega Genesis Collection. You get forty Sega Genesis games with a nice presentation. The opening for this game is still among my favorites for any game compilations. Such a great song playing with a great selection of footage. The game selection actually made a part of it look like an actual Genesis game console.

You also can digitally see each game's cartridges as well as their covers. You also get facts with a handful being jokes. I would say this is one of the easiest Xbox 360 games to get every achievement for. I done it on a few accounts officially, that's how much I loved it. You also got a couple nice unlockables such as video interviews as well as more games.

You'll get Golden Axe Warrior & the original Phantasy Star right off Sega Master System. Sadly, there isn't many SMS games on both Xbox 360 & Xbox One at all. You get a couple classic Sega Arcade games. Including Shinobi, Altered Beast, Zaxxon, Congo Bongo, Alien Syndrome, Fantasy Zone and Space Harrier.

You actually get nearly fifty games including two versions of Altered Beast. I still felt it could've given us more achievements or at least give us some difficult ones like Sega Genesis Classics done. The overall emulation is spot on with the audio being mostly done right. Sure, a few times you will notice parts of it not playing right.

At the same time, it's way better than any AtGames Genesis models I'm not kidding. Now those make you wanna rip off your own ears just to make it stop. This compilation is likely cheaper than it originally was. Just a tricky to getting an actual copy of it now. You can still use cheat codes since they won't prevent you from getting achievements.

Actually doing so will get you a few achievements. I'm not disappointed we didn't get Sonic 3 & Knuckles version. We get it as two separate games I'm used to that. I kinda wish the other Shinobi games were included. The two missing ones are in Sega Genesis Classics. Now it might not have some cool features. Such as rewind, forward, VR, doing challenges or in PC version's case rom hacks.

Honestly, it's still an excellent showcase of some truly amazing Sega games. You can change how you want the order of this game line up. You also can rank them which you can't do in Sega Genesis Classics. This is very easy to pick up & play. Sega did an amazing job with this compilation. I would even go as far to say console wise this is my favorite while the newer PC compilation would be my favorite PC one.

No comments:

Post a Comment