Friday, June 12, 2020

My thoughts on Resident Evil 8: Village trailer

Hello everyone I'm Jack Red, WOW Capcom just announced Resident Evil 8. I been hearing rumors on and off recently. Now I know a huge amount of what I heard is in the actual game. They confirmed it isn't coming to Xbox One but is coming to Xbox Series X. Unless, we get an unexpected surprise Resident Evil 3 remake with Resident Evil: Resistance are the last Xbox One RE games.

The actual trailer looked absolutely mind blowing. They stated recently they heavily cut down the load times. To me, this felt more like an Castlevania trailer than an actual Resident Evil one. You see a werewolf as well as witches that doesn't exactly fit the theme. Although, I do think there are ways it could work.

At the end of the trailer, Chris gunned down someone likely Mia from RE7. They also confirmed Ethan from RE7 will be the main protagonist. Yes this game will be done in FPS, I am very excited to see what they'll do this time. I was blown away by RE7 and more so from Resident Evil 2 remake. Obviously, the RE engine will be used again.

There will be a village, it may or may not be the same one from RE4. I can kinda hoping it's not to stand out more. We knew from Not a Hero dlc of RE7 that Chris wasn't happy to work with Blue Umbrella. Resident Evil 6 likely started showing his mental state going down. It wouldn't surprise me if we were force to kill Chris Redfield.

I do think there's a great reason why we seen that probably cut scene. I don't think he actually did it without a great cause to save humanity. I am curious to see how this game will play out. DLCs are likely going to be a huge part of the experience. I am still surprised there's little to no dlc for Resident Evil 3 remake.

I am happy you don't have to pay for anything extra for Resident Evil: Resistance. Except for gold or PS subscription to be able to play online. Resident Evil 8 looks like it's going to a truly dark place. Ethan is once again going through hell for what seems to be like vengeance might actually be something else entirely.

There is no question, the actual game without dlcs will be massive in size taking a long time to install. I do think it will be worth the wait. I am a bit happier with Chris' look this time around. I think the witches will act as secondary antagonists since they likely rule something. I am more curious to see how werewolves fit into this.

I found out last night while looking into this game. The comic series once had a werewolf that got killed by Jill Valentine. This is essentially the second time this franchise used werewolves. Damn is this suddenly becoming Underworld franchise lol. I hope we get a bigger variety of enemies. Even if none of the older ones shows up.

I also hope they give us some great mechanics to work with. It better have a mini game unlike RE3 remake. I still say Konjac is one of the craziest joke characters I ever seen lol. Resident Evil 8 is clearly pushing the limits in more ways than one. Of course, if I get the chance to play this game. I likely got a lot to talk about.

As a life long fan, I want what's best for this franchise. A huge part of my gamer life came from these games. I couldn't be any happier with this announcement. I can't even say it not coming to Xbox One is a disappointment because they need to build a strong presence on newer consoles. Also, there's twelve RE games if you count Xbox 360 version of Code: Veronica X you can play on Xbox One.

Honestly, that's way more than I'll ever need for a life time. I also hope they don't over do it with dlcs. Even if they do the next best thing is a few ways to speed up getting them all would be nice. I do think this game has potential of being one of the greatest horror games ever made. I am just worried the expectations of this franchise is incredibly high for it's own good.

RE8 should be quite an experience even without VR support. I do want them to be creative with expanding the story this time. Obviously, this is likely getting residentevil.net support. Always a great thing in my book just remove RE6 and Umbrella Corps then we're good. This game looks very realistic, it's very impressive work.

No comments:

Post a Comment