Thursday, June 4, 2020

Jack Red reviews Pac-Man 256

Hello everyone I'm Jack Red, I apologize this particular Pac-Man game wasn't included in my big Pac-Man review blog. This is unusual even for a Pac-Man game yet this is one of my favorites. I don't want to start too strong with why I enjoy it. I will say this does change how you would view those games.



Pac-Man 256 is a play on a famous glitch where you need to play a near perfect game of Pac-Man. The game originally was meant to have 255 stages but a glitched stage appears after stage 255. Thus, it technically has 256 stages in total. This was originally a mobile game with dlcs you had to pay for. When it got ported to many platforms, you automatically get all the dlcs in those versions.

You play as Pac-Man in a never ending maze filled with ghosts. You also get a couple power ups to spice up the game play. Imagine a very long maze but the bottom becoming glitchy at a fast pace. Essentially, you are trying to out ran the glitch as well as getting a high score. Yes, you can play this with people online.

Sadly, that's the only way to change who you're playing as. I do like you can change the overlook of the maze itself. A particular look is taken from the same team behind this game called Crossy Road. My favorite looks is the default, 80s, Arcade and Pac-Mania respectively. This is also a very colorful but addicting Pac-Man game.

They also introduced a ghost named Glitchy whose rainbow color flashing ghost that can teleport. You can earn money in game as well as power ups to go into later attempts with. But you can only hold up to three power ups at a time. The continue system is a bit confusing to discuss, I don't know the full thing on that sadly.

For the most part, you only have one life that's it. Honestly, having multiple lifes in a game like this would easily ruin it's very process. Pac-Man 256 is a game that shouldn't work but it does. They went out there with such an unique concept even for a Pac-Man game. Overall, I do highly recommend playing this game especially you love Pac-Man like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment