Monday, June 22, 2020

Jack Red reviews Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I can finally talk more directly about my child hood. Directly about the times I played several Crash Bandicoot games. I actually been around all five PS1 Crash games. We are here to talk about three of them being remastered for several platforms. Is it worth getting these classics again or was this series doomed to fail?



Originally you could only save in Crash 1 during bonus sections. I am very happy to say that's been changed. In both Crash 2 and Crash 3 finding Coco to play as her is much easier than in Crash 1. Yes you heard correctly, you can play as Crash's sister in all three games. Can I be honest like Rare Replay being my favorite Rare game ever.

This sorta follows suit with Crash games. Yes, as great the new version of CTR truly was. There's just something about three amazing platformers. I went to a friend's house to watch him play a little of Crash 1. I spent most of my time with Crash 2 since my family owned a copy. A friend let me try Crash 3 out for a spin no pun intended.

For me, simply because they took three of the absolute best Crash games remastered them for this game compilation. I really don't think anyone could possibly top that. This is as much Crash as you could possibly want. Just imagine going the completionist route with all three games. In fact, I wish I could everyone person regardless of platform would get an expansive dinner on the house.

The save feature is very easy to use, you technically get four save slots. Unless you keep automatically saving, you can only use three of them. They did a terrific job recreating all three of these games. The controls are perfect as well as faithful to the original games. Yes, there is a different cast from those of the original trilogy.

You honestly wouldn't really notice it much even just by listening. I do like how the main menu for this compilation was done. I just felt something just feels missing. I got to be honest, Spyro Reignited Trilogy putting the current in game processes on their main menu was a smart idea. Crash 1 has some difficult levels especially the broken bridges.

The original Crash uses a map screen with a few island. It sorta reminds me of Super Mario World. Both Crash 2 & Crash 3 uses a couple smaller hub worlds instead. Personally, Crash 1's map isn't bad for what it is. I simply prefer MediEvil's map more. Also, by putting all the levels very close by each other while giving you the option to choice in any order you want was a great idea.

It is so frustrating, Crash 1 forces you to replay levels after game overs while if I had that problem with Crash 2 & 3 respectively. All I have to do is exit the level then go do another level instead. You need to complete all the levels in order to get to a boss level. There's a lot of great audio overall to keep you busy.

I know this isn't fair for me to complain about. But both Spyro Reignited Trilogy & Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled allowed you to change soundtracks. I kinda felt having the original versions of those songs might be nice. There is a handful of free dlc levels. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy is easily one of the best game compilations I ever played.

I liked there is notable changes as these games goes on. There's a couple chase levels that mostly faces Crash towards the screen rather than away from it. Crash 3 add a few vehicle levels that has it's own variety. Of course, there is bonus levels if you know how to find them. I didn't get far in Crash 3 as a kid.

At one point, in Crash 2 I made it to the second to last hub world. I also liked some of the jokes you might not notice as well. All three of these games will not hold back from being a challenge. But no sir neither of them are what you would call Dark Souls hard lol. For me, this was a critical part of my life.

I do like the game selection screen taking three images you can clearly see where they separate. At the same time, it looks interesting yet unique rather than terrible or possibly misplaced. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy packs plenty of great levels to keep you going. It is no wonder why Crash held his own against both Mario & Sonic.

Keep in mind, a lot of gaming mascots were trying to beat Mario or getting close to Sonic. A couple of them are flat out Sonic rip offs like Bubsy & I dare to say Awesome Possum. Oh someone please blow my brains out lol. The fact Sony had the balls to doing a particular commercial insulting Nintendo was mind blowing to me.

I felt all three of these amazing games will forever remain in your hearts. I been gone from playing his games for too long. This made me wanna come back but I held off for so many reasons over the last few years. I always had a thing for Crash Bandicoot since my child hood. There is no question in my mind, he was one of my favorite gaming mascots ever.

Now there's a real fact that might be mind blowing to people. I actually made sure the information I got was accurate. The original Crash came out a few weeks before Super Mario 64. Two legendary 3D platformers came out the same month of 1996. Obviously, both of them are widely well received & still inspiring people today.

I really can't say enough to further justify how damn good this compilation actually is. It really is that damn good I'm not kidding. You might get a few spots where the camera can be a little bit of a pain. Thankfully, it doesn't break the challenge of these games. I also liked they added more Fake Crash cameos.

Originally, only Crash 3 had a handful of them. They added a few more to Crash 3 but also the first two games got more cameos as well. You just need to get an 100% completion. Then you have to know which levels to revisit. Finally, you have to be patient searching all the locations he is spotted at.

Fake Crash does become a playable character in Crash Team Racing as a hidden character. True story, one of the developers came across an unofficial Japanese Crash doll. This quickly became the inspiration for Fake Crash character. It sucks Sony & Microsoft kept changing their mascots. I will say Crash is a very different experience from Sonic.

In Sonic series, usually you run very fast but sometimes you have to slow down for different reasons. In Crash series, it really depends on which levels. You could be doing a chase level or levels you are riding animals or vehicles. Where you are constantly moving & must take risks to get far. You could do a jetpack level very late in Crash 2.

Regardless which level unless you get Aku Aku, almost everything kills you in one hit. But unlike Bubsy actually worked with that concept very well. Also, he does plenty to not being called a Sonic rip off character. Despite, both developers used a similar method as Looney Tunes with Tasmanian Devil.

They chose an animal so many people weren't aware of at the time. These games actually got people interested in them. Crash collects Wumpa Fruits, although in some cases he does use them as weapons. In Crash 2 & Crash 3, you can go through most of them just collecting the power crystals. The original Crash didn't require anything.

Of course since we are talking about Crash Bandicoot. We gotta talk about those death animations. There's a variety of entertaining to watch death animations. Clearly, a lot of these game's humor is found here. On one hand it sucks to die a lot. I should mention, you will die a lot in these games. But on the other, you get to see some amazing death animations.

Most platformers would've done one or two animations at the most around that era for just death animations. Crash 1 itself has a lot of death animations. I think Crash 2 has some of my absolute favorite death animations period. I know the newer versions was done by a different team. They did an amazing job fully recreating three amazing games.

No comments:

Post a Comment