Sunday, January 19, 2020

Crash + Spyro Triple Play Bundle vs. The Ultimate Sonic Bundle comparison by Jack Red

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I figured since I gotten two recent three game bundles on PlayStation 4 during Christmas. Why not do a quick comparison between the two to determine which ends up being the better deal. I will not fully go into details since most of these I haven't review yet. Although I already started working on them in advance.

Round 1: Sonic Mania/Sonic Mania Plus vs. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

Winner: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy


I will be honest Sonic Mania is hands down the best game in it's bundle. But even that can't stand up to three amazing platformers. I just felt both did a great job bringing back memories of my child hood. But Crash just pushed the limit to where even Sonic Mania couldn't reach. I will say I still highly recommend both these games.

Round 2: Sonic Forces vs. Spyro Reignited Trilogy

Winner: Spyro Reignited Trilogy


Honestly, Sonic Forces did a few things right. But it still felt short from other Sonic main games. I went into Spyro Reignited Trilogy with little to no experience. WOW, all three Spyro games blew me away. Sonic Forces is surprisingly easy with a friendly trophy/achievement status. I would say Spyro overall was way more of a complete package that will test your skills.

Round 3: Team Sonic Racing vs. Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled

Winner: Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled


I was very surprised how one sided this became. Team Sonic Racing does have an amazing soundtrack. Yet it fell very far in everything else. I got to be honest, CTR simply has more content with Grand Prix events adding stuff to the game. This comes off as an all stars Crash game. Just customizing your vehicles is way more fun in comparison.

Overall, I strongly felt Crash + Spyro Triple Play Bundle was hands down the better game bundle to buy. You technically get seven great remastered versions of classic PS1 games. The Pit Stop in CTR adds to the overall experience. I just felt even the weakest game included in the game deal is still a very good game.

Update: I didn't realize as I was writing this that Sonic Mania lacks a platinum trophy. If you are someone that constantly gets platinum trophies in PlayStation 4. You are very likely by default to go with Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy. Both that and Spyro Reignited Trilogy has three platinum trophies you can go for.

No comments:

Post a Comment