Friday, March 15, 2019

Z Nation review

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I must apologize I been very busy gaming recently mostly on Xbox One. I will be doing several reviews today to help make up for that. I figured to start with a show not many people heard of called Z Nation. Despite some people calling it a Walking Dead rip off. Which to me it really is more of it's own thing actually holds up better than that show.


Z Nation is mostly centers on getting the only confirmed person to survive a zombie bite to a place where a cure can be made. This show has all kind of different interesting situations with well placed humor. I would even say it is more entertaining than newer seasons of The Walking Dead. There's a great variety of zombies in this show you probably won't be seeing anywhere else.

I watched all five seasons with my amazing wife. This group has truly been through a lot of difficult times. The fact what's left of them remains strong during season 5 to me was amazing. I also like unlike The Walking Dead, not one character comes off as a throw away. For those that doesn't know the term, some shows simply quickly throw in characters to have horrible things happen to them.

In other words you don't really get to know meaning such things pointless. At the same time many characters introduced get killed. I would also say this show has some of the most disgusting, violent zombie kills you ever see on television I'm not kidding. I also like how we can all relate to a member of this group in some way.

I honestly never truly got that with either Walking Dead shows. This show kept changing things but in a way to make each season stand out on it's own. In a way it also helps remembering the seasons a bit easier. Z Nation does have some of the most unexpected moments in a horror shows. Not only this group continues to evolve so does this virus.

To me the way The Walking Dead was done is no end will survive at the end. Thankfully Z Nation did eventually introduced a cure. Although it never fully got used outside of a character who technically dies twice in the same episode. Of course we have to talk about Murphy. This guy gave powers ever since being beaten by zombies.

His skin kept changing from blue to normal to now red. It isn't clear what's going on with that. At one point he had a child who ultimately gave her life to save him. Murphy is a wild card you never truly know what to expect from. It is strangely funny not even Doc gets told he won an election where he's the president of the apocalypse.

There was another election late in season 5 with a new character getting the job. Warren has been some strange stuff herself. Not the original leader of the group. This lady has remained it until the end of the show. I should mention two particular characters from this show cameos in Sharknado movies. TK is the shooter that usually doesn't miss.

I would say the character that entertained me the most was Doc. This old man has some of the funniest moments ever. I would think of him more on the lines of a older Shaggy from Scooby-Doo lol. To be honest that's not far from the truth either. He is the medic of the group since the beginning. If you watch The Walking Dead, eventually an old character dies.

I am happy to see an old character live to the end for a change. There's so many creativity in this show that I was very surprised to hear about it being canceled. I felt it needed to go on a little bit longer. Of course how they go about the characters is very interesting in and of itself. Z Nation isn't just a zombie show, it also has scenarios you wouldn't expect to see.

This show took us through a lot of states often. I also like all the attempts at making a cure. Some of them are more interesting in concept than what eventually happens with them. As stated before yes they finally do get a real cure for this virus. Z Nation is virtually true to it's name especially in season 5's case.

I won't spoil everything that happens. Even if I tried I am likely to miss a lot of stuff in the process. The overall pacing is way better than The Walking Dead overall. It never comes off being rushed at all. I also like waiting a month after the season finale to be able to watch it on Netflix. You got to wait months to do that with just one Walking Dead show now that's just sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment