Monday, March 18, 2019

Daredevil (Netflix) review

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I figured it's time to review all the Netflix Marvel Cinematic Universe shows. I am holding off on doing Jessica Jones because there is one more season coming soon. Everything else I'm ready to start talking about. I wanted to literately start in the beginning with Daredevil.


Daredevil follows the story of a blind attorney named Matt Murdock. He decides to fight crime on two fronts. During the day he is a lawyer in court or helping people to build a case. However during the night Matt dresses up as Daredevil to fight criminals. This show lasted for three seasons. I would say this is hands down one of the best Marvel shows I seen in a long time for sure.

The Kingpin has a major presence in two seasons being the main antagonist. The Hand was the main antagonist of season 2 that also goes into The Defenders. I will be reviewing that with Jessica Jones since she was a part of that crossover. This show almost fully given us Bullseye. I will say this guy was better than Colin Farrell's, I actually enjoyed his performance in that movie.

Daredevil comes off being a more realistic take on the concept. More realistic than Arrowverse shows in that regard. Oh yes some parts aren't meant for kids & those with light stomachs. I would say this show is so much better than the movie could ever hope to be. I should mention Netflix gives you an entire season right off the bat.

Just like Arrow, all connected shows do bring them all together in full circle. Obviously the full TV side of Marvel Cinematic Universe also includes a few channels with their own shows. Netflix made sure these particular ones wouldn't get too big in scale to take away attention from their movies. Daredevil has a lot of well written scenes that are very believable.

I would say the guy playing Daredevil is an excellent choice I'm impressed. I loved how this show portrays The Kingpin. Now when I think of the character that's exactly what I was thinking. He does remind me of The Penguin on Gotham for many reasons because he does some terrible stuff. The fight scenes are very well done.

Daredevil I felt had the best balance of everything out of all their Netflix shows. I couldn't ask for more in any category truthfully. This show has been very entertaining ending on such a great season. This gave me more reason to care about the character. Honestly they picked a great character to kick off Netflix shows with.

No comments:

Post a Comment