Monday, March 18, 2019

Luke Cage (Netflix) review

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, oh yeah it's time for Luke Cage. Now I got to be honest before watching this show. I honestly didn't know much about the character. All I knew was he was very durable & had superhuman strength being around 100 ton class but that's it. Luke Cage is overall a mixed experience like one of the next shows I have to talk about that got it worse.


Luke Cage follows a man who was sent to prison where he takes part in an experiment. Thus gaining a few powers including his insane strength. I won't give much of his back story away but it is told in an interesting way. Luke wants to protect Harlem from criminals. One day he decides to take action quickly leading to a fan base with the people while getting bad attention from the police.

In season 1, his story is more of a redemption. There are multiple people including two members of a powerful family that tries to stand in his way. I will say the guy playing Luke does a great job making the character standing out. I would say some of the stuff he does can be difficult to take seriously. I also like he isn't fully invincible at times.

This means a powerful character seem human for a change. Like the episode he almost dies due to his skin tanks force makes the operation very difficult. Both seasons do reveal a lot of his history prior to the present. Some of it played a surprising role in them as well. Luke kept doing what he can when an obstacle gets thrown in his path.

Honestly this is where I start talking about why am I so mixed about this show. Trust me it's not racism or anything like that either. Season 1 could've been done a little differently to make some things better. I will say season 2 is easily the best season of the show. Yes a lot of stuff is going on during this season.

At the same time, it makes some of the surprises have a bigger impact on the overall experience. I am not saying I didn't care for season 1 by any means. It is great to a degree but it could've been done a bit better. Luke is the kind of man you would love to have as a sheriff of your town. I could say some Luke Cage fans enjoying this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment