Friday, March 15, 2019

The Flash (1990) review

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, a while back on CW Seed they had the classic live action The Flash show. The Flash show on the CW has made a lot of references to this show in particular. Honestly it is an honor I'm even talking about it. I would say for a first attempt at making a live action Flash show I'm very impressed.


This follows Barry Allen based on classic comic book version of the character. The newer Flash show follows more directly to New 52. Barry becomes The Flash to seeking help with his powers from someone at S.T.A.R. labs. Some of his enemies like Captain Cold, Mirror Master and Trickster are present.

This show even attempts at their own reverse flash character named Pollux. Unfortunately CBS never done great with super hero shows. Which also happened to Supergirl that caused it to be moved to the CW channel. The maintain led to some episodes being aired out of order making what we were watching not constant.

I absolutely love this show's theme song then again it is Danny Elfman why doesn't I love it lol. He has performed some of my absolute favorite theme songs of all time. Hell I'll name a few The Simpsons, Beetlejuice cartoon and Edward Scissorhands. I liked they didn't try to making this show ridiculous.

Keep in mind, right now super hero stuff is all over the place. But back then there was mostly cartoons. It was very uncommon to have anything live action. Of course this did follow Batman 1989 movie by a year. I felt they stayed very true to the character himself. I would say out of the two Flash shows this is way more serious in tone.

Some of the stuff covered on this show is altered or not present at all on the newer Flash show. I did considered making a comparison blog. To be honest I felt unlike Batman 1966 vs. Gotham topic. This would be too one sided so I dropped the idea. Despite that I do recommend both Flash shows. This Flash show does a great job keeping it entertaining.

To me it sorta comes more off like a movie. It clearly borrowed gun sounds from Batman 1989 movie. It comes so close of being what we really needed for a super hero show. This show was clearly ahead of it's time without question. Some of the episodes are a little bit longer than you might be expecting.

The Flash has a lot of potential that continues in some way living on in the newer Flash show. Four actors from this show has appeared very close to those roles. There was one particular moment in the most recent crossover where this Barry Allen cameos revealing his world got destroyed. I felt this show would satisfy many Flash fans including myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment