Friday, February 15, 2019

Jack Red reviews The Ghost Survivors (RE2 Remake)

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, today Capcom delivers such a nice addition to Resident Evil 2 Remake. I been knowing about this mode for a few months. I was getting more excited over the leak recently. I am not going to lie this review will have spoilers for anyone. Who don't have the game or didn't finish any of their stories yet.


I will start with a huge spoiler right off the bat. There's actually four characters you play as in this mode. Each one will be a different experience in their own way. In No Time to Mourn, you play as a gun store owner named Robert Kendo. His what if story starts around the time of his suicide. Instead of committing suicide, he listens to the radio.

He decides to head towards the excavation point. In Runaway you play as the mayor's daughter Katherine. She chose to fight back ending up killing Chief Irons instead of being murdered by him. In The Forgotten Soldier, you play as Ghost a member of Hunk's unit trying to escape from the lab. The final what if story is called No Way Out where you play as the sheriff.

Three of these stories have exclusive enemies. In Kendo's case he has to fight off poisonous zombies. Katherine has to deal with regenerative zombies similar to newer mold enemies from Not A Hero dlc. Ghost has to take on zombies wearing body armor that makes them heavily resistant to firearms. But the sheriff deals with all three of them.

Three of them are simply get from point A to point B style mini games. No Way Out acts more like zombies in Call of Duty series as well as Nightmare from RE7. You are struck inside a grocery store fighting off waves of enemies. Unlike The 4th Survivor/The Tofu Survivor mini games, you can get more stuff you'll need.

Thus you don't have to go in stuck with what you got for most of it. There's additional stuff you can put on characters. I thought this was a nice touch. There is new challenges added to the game. Sadly only two new achievements got added just like Not A Hero. I do like how you can get the stuff you need.

Either kill zombies wearing backpacks or go to a vending machine. If you got to one of those machines you are only allowed to select one. This mode will not make any exceptions. Honestly it reminds me of Dead Rising series to a degree. Chances are BioShock series is more likely where that idea came from.

This mode will appear below the other mini games under Extra section. I do want to point out before I go any further. No I haven't tried out their retro costumes yet. But I really want to very soon. Honestly this mode is way better than I thought it was going to be. Not only tests you in ways you already have before but also forces you to adapt to new obstacles.

Well oh okay Not A Hero did start a new theme with enemies that can mostly be killed with particular ammo. At least by now you get the point. The Ghost Survivors is a series of what if stories. I felt all four characters were given a great campaign. I also love it since I do love exploring Raccoon City in general.

Trust me there's two difficulties for each one. For now I only was able to complete them on training. I can only hope I can complete them the way the developers intended. I can safety tell you I played three of them on their real difficulty. Yes the previous mini games has nothing on these I'm not kidding.

Even the easiest among them Runaway will be a challenge to a lot of people. Oh yeah I do need to explain something else. From Runaway to No Way Out, each one goes up one star. Basically they kept pushing you to do better no matter what's thrown your way. I got to say I'm very impressed by the hard work of this mode.

First I reviewed the game then two of it's mini games. Now I'm adding this making this essentially a three part review. I honestly do believe Resident Evil 2 Remake is good enough to get that kind of treatment. This mode may not have Marvin sorry guys but there is always hope. Obviously I am excited for them to even consider remaking RE3 like this.

I may as well spoil a few more surprises. But first if you really don't wanna know any of this. I highly suggest move away from even reading this blog entry. Ada cameos during the ending of The Forgotten Soldier. Prior to that, Mr. X appears when you at least expect it. Ben does appear in Runaway ending as well as Leon in No Way Out's ending.

All four of them escape very differently from each other. USS Soldier uses the cable car from the lab. Kendo gets to the helicopter. I already said more than once Katherine meets up with Ben. She doesn't actually escape I know weird. Finally the sheriff drives away in Leon's police car outside after killing a lot of monsters.

For those wondering yes the sheriff was in the campaign but it's briefly in their 1st runs. I should mention the big difference with the two difficulties. On training you get more ammo as well as inventory slots. In the case of No Way Out you have to deal with seventy enemies instead of one hundred of them.

I will say regardless how you chose to play any of these what if stories. I highly recommend this mode to those wondering to play it. This is exactly what this game needed. There's a lot of great stuff to be found here. The best part is you don't have to push yourself hard right out of the gate like some people do.

No comments:

Post a Comment