Sunday, April 9, 2023

What's my favorite video game franchises among Top 10 Best Selling Video Game Franchises?

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, eventually I was going to talk about this. To be quite honest, my thoughts on it isn't that interesting. Top 10 Best Selling Video Game Franchises as of right now. Well not many of them I'm a huge fan of. For me, a lot of the other franchises not in the top 10 was way better. I will say I do have a favorite among these franchises.

Happy Easter everyone!!!

First I will show the list then reveal which one I'm a fan of. These may not be what you are expecting. Some of these even makes you question why people love them so much. Not to disrespect them but more out of sheer curiosity. I previously stated these may not be the games for you. Everyone does have different taste so maybe you might be a fan of all ten franchises or you aren't a fan of any at all.

10. The Sims
9. Lego
8. Wii series
7. Minecraft
6. FIFA
5. Grand Theft Auto
4. Call of Duty
3. Pokemon
2. Tetris
1. Mario

Honestly this list would appeal more to my wife than myself. She is a huge fan of The Sims & Minecraft. Is anyone even surprised Tetris is that high up on the list? Mario constantly stayed the best selling video game franchise. A lot of my favorites aren't that high. Although, a handful of them are notably higher than expected.

Call of Duty kept releasing games as well as dlcs at a rate. I quickly chose to drop the franchise. Pokemon kept releasing two or more versions of their games. They also kept releasing remakes of their older Pokemon games. Obviously, it's going to become confusing to follow. Especially when there isn't much actual changes between the versions.

Grand Theft Auto gets lucky with the sells. But it mostly gotten here because of GTA Online. Yeah I'm finally speaking out against it so what? An multiplayer online GTA game that rips people off wow oh okay Rockstar. Obviously, I loss my respect for the franchise. Even Call of Duty has more respect from me in comparison just not by much.

I don't even need to take time to picking an favorite. I already gotten out roughly half these franchises. Which only leaves The Sims, Lego, Wii, FIFA and Tetris. I do like the sport soccer but I don't think I would enjoy playing it in video games unless it's done a certain way. Wii is mostly exclusive to Nintendo Wii, a great game console.

Hell you also can exercise & play games at the same time was a cool concept back in the day. Most of them are sports games. Unless you are heavily into sports, you may not enjoy them for long. They are far from being terrible by any means. I never gotten into Minecraft, it simply wasn't my thing period. The Sims is more of a few people I know thing.

Yes I been around a handful of the games myself. I do get why so many enjoy the franchise. But geez the amount of dlcs you gotta pay for is absolutely ridiculous. Honestly, it's becoming easier to get into but harder to keep up with all the new stuff coming. So it virtually is borderline getting into as well as not for me.

Yes you can do some weird stuff in those as well. Obviously we only have two franchises left to discuss. Tetris is the most famous puzzle game in the entire game. It even got the world record of being the most ported video game in history. Tetris also had some crossover games as well. I fully get why Tetris is here believe it or not.

Tetris actually has an interesting effect on the brain to help those playing it to make better decisions. On the surface it doesn't appear to be much. Then the game starts you suddenly gotta keep on going. Tetris is nearly on every platform you could possibly name making it guarantee in some form. You are going to play it, a huge plus in my book.

Tetris simply works best when it's not altered much. Yes you are likely going to have a fun time. The one franchise on that list I'm a huge fan of is Lego. Yeah Lego gotten so high on this list. It's not because it's one of the most popular toys in the entire world either. Although, a lot of people who grew up with them have such nostalgia.

Let's be honest, those license games by TT Games are a very huge reason why they're selling so well. You could even say fan service in most cases. You get a lot of your favorite franchises with some changes. You get to explore a good amount of their world or universe. You also get a lot of characters as well as weapons, vehicles and collectibles.

I played just enough of them to tell you it's one of my favorites. The main reason I don't often say it actually is should be quite obvious. Most of the time I'm going to be talking about their license video games. Therefore in my mind, those games are more for other franchises than just Lego franchise. If that makes any sense, you'll tell me.

These games are virtually packed with content. Some of which will keep you busy for a long time no joke. Free Mode is absolutely amazing stuff. Easily one of my absolute favorite modes in a video game hands down. Free Mode is basically you can replay the levels again. However you are allowed to switch out characters.

Which means, this time you can fully explore the level. You can go for the 100% completion process more directly. There's plenty of surprises you will miss during your first runs. Honestly, I highly recommend playing these games. Obviously, some are better than others. As previously stated, everyone has different taste.

Not only that, most of them are surprisingly on multiple platforms. In other words, for the most part you have no excuse not playing these. Yes, the campaign will take a few hours to complete. It never seems to be too long, some levels do feel notably longer than expected. I also love the insane level of creativity.

Yes, a lot of these games has a lot of dlcs. Thankfully, they do often go on sell making it easier to get what you need. You also can play a lot of them with a friend or family member since they have an coop feature. A feature The Simpsons Game ripped off lol. You also can use cheats you either have unlocked or use passwords to get.

These are mostly achievement/trophy friendly games. It doesn't mean they are giving them away that away. You might even be surprised how much you gotta do to get any of them to an 100% completion. I done so with a handful of them with the craziest being Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 on Xbox One. Now that one took hours to get the process done but mostly a fun time.

Honestly, there's something for everyone in these games. I'm not that surprised it gotten so high to begin with. Even without these amazing Lego games, eventually it would be up that high. Obviously, it would've taken longer without them. For license game standards, I say these are absolutely must play games.

Hell I'm going to say those license Lego games are better than Grand Theft Auto series. Yes shots literately fired, moving on you are in total control. You get so much nostalgia you are mind blown. If it doesn't happen with one, eventually it's going to happen. For some odd reason, they sure love Star Wars lol.

Some of them has an open world game play, which adds so much more to the overall experience. Some of these games are surprisingly amazing at what they do. Lego did a great job giving TT games these great franchises to work with. I do predict less than five years, Lego will be right under GTA franchise on that list.

No comments:

Post a Comment