Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Top 5 Reasons Why I like Duke Nukem so much

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, for the longest time the only Duke Nukem game I had growing up was Duke Nukem: Time to Kill. Obviously I didn't start like most do either from the original or Duke 3D. Eventually I got to play all the main games on my computer. Over the years, I simply can not get enough of Duke Nukem.

In himself yes he is a parody of action movie stars as well as some scifi movies. In a way he stands out more than most FPS characters both before & after him. Anyone appearing the same year as Sonic has a lot of potential to be great or the king baby. We also might finally get a Duke Nukem movie.

I promise if this movie does come out, I will review it for my blog. I will be respectfully about what I'm expecting for right now. I should mention a few years after Duke 3D, out of the clear blue we got Serious Sam. A character that's too similar to Duke Nukem. The Simpsons very early on has the perfect example for what I am talking about.

I apologize in advance if this isn't the exact words said on the show. "Radioactive Man is cool while Radioactive Dude is kinda lame." Basically Duke Nukem comes off like a bad ass character while Serious Sam isn't all that different from him. I haven't played enough of Serious Sam games to know exactly.

5. Great power ups & other stuff

Yes this does depend which Duke Nukem games. In Duke 3D, you can use a jetpack to fly around or steroids to move much faster. You also have x-ray to see in dark areas which is majority for DNF. By drinking beer you become tougher for a short period of time. Either way you look at it, Duke has many grounds covered.

Both DNF & Duke 3D allows them in multiplayer. This by itself brings more challenge to the players online. Even doing a tough level on co-op can make a huge difference using these. Especially when both of you are low on ammo. I got to say Duke has some amazing stuff to work with. I can't name one I honestly don't like.

4. Great one liners

By now everyone knows this but Duke has some great lines. Yes even in DNF that many of you still criticize today. I always enjoy hearing lines like "I got balls of steel, It's down to me, you, you one eyed freak & It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum & I'm all outta gum." Some of his lines from Duke 3D are some movies like Evil Dead series.

Even without those lines, Duke still has some great ones. They actually referenced a prank call using Duke's voice in the second DNF campaign. For those wondering what's the line here you go, "I got ball ball ball balls of steel." Hell I did like his new lines in Duke Caribbean a lot. Duke saying those things does help you clear your head when you're pissed off or you really needed a laugh or two.

3. He does things to bosses you really won't expect
Warning children below the age of 13 shouldn't read this reason. The very last thing I want to hear is from your parents hearing you read my blog upset. Look anyone is welcome to come here & read until something bad comes up. The very last thing I want to do is piss parents off. I am not going to lie some of what Duke does to bosses might be a little too much for some people.

Just in the picture above he is cooking the final boss' nut sack. For Overlord he rips off his head to crap down his throat. You don't even wanna know what happens to the Queen in Duke 3D lol. A lot of brutal possibly disgusting finishers rivaling the Mortal Kombat series. Even Alien Empress gets a rather brutal death.

Duke Nukem makes it crystal clear. You aliens shouldn't came to Earth now you are going to die. Before I go further I'm talking about aliens from space not actual people. Duke has a reputation you would think they could allow him to become the president but he would turn it down. Of course they didn't stop The Saints from doing it lol.

2. Two theme songs that are still stuck in my head
A very obvious reason to like Duke Nukem. Most fans would tell you about the famous Grabbag aka Duke 3D theme song. Another theme song I heard before that was Duke Nukem: Time to Kill theme song. WOW both those songs are very good. I kid you not you could play for hours just listening to them.

Duke Nukem doesn't have many songs that stand out remotely like these two. At the same time, most of it's competitors have better songs for levels than a actual theme song. I'm really not trying to piss FPS fan off by saying that. I am just stating both these theme songs are excellent in their own right. Hell I would vote for Duke Nukem to run as president lol.

1. Duke Nukem 3D

The most likely reason anyone would love Duke Nukem is Duke 3D. Possibly one of the greatest FPS games but also one of the greatest video games of all time. This game went from an unexpected direction greatly changing up the game play from classic shooter platform dos to FPS. Many years like Fallout 3 did the same thing with a similar repetition.

Duke 3D has one of the most campaigns for any shooter out there. Most of them are honestly worth checking out, I already ranked all of them on PC. This game is perfect for modding or playing with friends. In every possible way this could be one of the greatest third game in gaming history. Duke 3D is truly an unique experience that many people need to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment