Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Top 5 More Reasons Why I Prefer Resident Evil over Silent Hill

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, guess what I got more reasons why I prefer Resident Evil over Silent Hill. I do want to say out of respect Silent Hill 2 is hands down one of my absolute favorite Konami games. I spent hours on Silent Hill HD Collection's version on Xbox 360 getting many runs including all the endings.

I just wanted to point out that although I hate the direction Silent Hill is going right now. I will always respect Silent Hill 2 for what it brings to the table. A truly amazing survival horror game that more people need to play. I honestly can not recommend it enough on my own. Silent Hill 3 is still a solid entry in the franchise.

5. Better dlcs

Yes I know how dare I do this to you Silent Hill fans. Honestly I felt some of the newer entries could've use some dlcs to help fix their reputations a little bit more. Starting with Resident Evil 5, a good number of dlcs are worth checking out. Yes some of them could be hit or miss with many people.

I felt Resident Evil 5, Revelations 2 & 7 did the best with them. Each dlc either mini game or story related brought a lot more to the game. They truly help make the experience feel more complete in the long run. Clearly Capcom is working hard to make their fans happy despite some mistakes in the past.

4. Better controls

Before anyone whose a bigger SH fan gets angry, please allow me to explain. I do agree if we were just judging the first couple games in both franchises. I would've agreed Silent Hill had better controls. However more recently it seems Silent Hill isn't doing a good job with the controls. Even Resident Evil 6 a flawed game in & of itself had better controls.

Resident Evil 4 had some of the best controls I ever experienced in a horror movie. I could say the same thing about Resident Evil 7. Both Revelations games has great controls. I know this is my opinion but judging off of Silent Hill: Origins & Homecoming I'm not impressed. I heard a lot of mixed things about the controls in Downpour.

3. Better spin off games

I know this is partly not a fair comparison due to so little spin off games in Silent Hill while there's plenty of them in Resident Evil. Both Outbreak games are inspiring people to bring back old servers to keep online gaming going. I'm still impressed by both Chronicles games since they did a great job retelling several RE games.

Yes some of Resident Evil's spin offs are technically worse but no one has compared those games to Silent Hill: Book of Memories. So we really don't know which currently has the worst spin off. Honestly who really cares Resident Evil still has a few spin off games worth talking about. Technically there exists a few cell phone RE games as well.

2. Better villain characters

Let's be honest both franchises aren't giving us good villains. I remember Albert Wesker being involved in some way for many events. Spencer also played a huge hand in terrible experiments. Even Dr. Marcus' revenge eventually led to the end of Umbrella. Wesker is easily the best villain characters Resident Evil has.

Although Hunk is working for Umbrella, he comes off more like a evil Leon. Both of them do amazing things when their backs are against the wall. In fact I really would like to see those two face each other in the near future. I do have some respect for William since he did make what I personally considered to be the worst virus of them all the G-Virus.

This virus may not kill it's victims among getting it injected but it's potentials are truly what makes it terrifying. William went through five transformations with this virus inside his body. Alexia Ashford is one of the select few people being in full control of their mutations. She can transform several times as well as command many creatures.

1. More interesting time line

I know this is simply not a fair comparison. I am not about to say some SH events are separate from other ones is a bad thing. Actually that sorta makes those games more unique. I felt SH3 is a great follow up to the original Silent Hill. Then we get Silent Hill: Origins taking place several years before SH1.

You can't really picture how all of that connects but stuff like that gets explained in some way for Resident Evil. So far three animated movies are directly a part of the game time line. This by itself allows more possible angles to be possible. I'm not going to lie even ignoring RE6 for obvious reasons.

A lot of stuff does happen from RE0 to up that you do need a lot of time to plan out. What you do know of the time line. You would think people wouldn't like this but in those franchises you couldn't be any more wrong. There is so much to remember for Resident Evil to keep you busy for hours. Someone made a lengthy fan movie with most of the cut scenes from several entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment