Sunday, January 1, 2017

Jack Red reviews Gears of War series

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I want to kick off another year by doing an entire series review. I will look at every Gears of War game I own on Xbox One. More recently Gears of War: Ultimate Edition being made by an team within Microsoft. Officially Gears of War became one of their franchises. I figured it's time to tell my point of view.

I am pointing out yes I'm reviewing two versions of GOW 1. Considering two teams sharing some members behind both of them. I should review both versions in this series review. Gears of War is still one of the best TPS series.

1. Gears of War (2006)

Of course we need to start at the beginning. Originally released an year after God of War. Very quickly Gears of War became one of Xbox 360's best sellers. One of the greatest TPS game series to date. This was the beginning of an epic war trilogy. You play as an soldier named Marcus Fenix in COG fighting against Locust. Not too long ago following this version, they released an PC port. Which had an few extra levels near the end of the game. For many people the multiplayer still remains one of the biggest in Xbox fan base. Gears of War blew away expectations to blow so many people's minds.

2. Gears of War 2 (2008)

This is one of the greatest video game sequels ever made. Gears of War 2 like Mortal Kombat II was to the original. Really gave us more than double what the original Gears of War gave us. This continues the war that has some of the craziest scenarios. Holy shit everything is done incredibly well for it's time. Both the campaign & multiplayer are much better than Gear of War's. I really can't say enough great things about it. This game stands as one of the greatest Xbox 360 games ever made. I kid you not it is that damn good.

3. Gears of War 3 (2011)

For some fans this is their favorite for many reasons. Personally I do agree it is one of the best games. I still prefer Gears of War 2 for great reasons. Not to say it was bad, it actually an great follow up to such an amazing game. It didn't disappoint me in any way but it did have a lot to live up to. Gears of War 3 is the conclusion of an long standing war between humans & locust hordes. You will find a lot of great story twists as the game goes on. Some consider this game's multiplayer the best of the series. I won't lie it is good but I still prefer Gears of War 2's slightly more. This is still an impressive game for ending an great story line.

4. Gears of War: Judgment (2013)

So many people are disappointed in this game. Some even argued does this belong in the main trilogy story line. I will be honest to say it's not perfect but I played more disappointing sequels Devil May Cry 2 coughs. This is also what I call the story monkey wrench because most of it takes place before some games. The final section Aftermath takes place later in Gears of War 3. Most levels are very small compared to most levels within the trilogy. Despite changing things up with challenges. It doesn't change the fact it could've been done a little better. Majority of the story is told by an squad on trial. This also was Epic's last Gears of War game before The Coalition bought the franchise.

5. Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (2015)

The Coalition got some of the original members to remaster Gears of War. This process took eighteen months to achieve. This was one of the first good remastered versions of an classic. Although this is following the same story as the original game. Most cut scenes are done differently making things kinda interesting. This doesn't have as much achievements as the original game but still an great experience. They did an very good job recreating an Xbox 360 game for Xbox One. Remember I said about Gears of War's PC port earlier on? They added those levels in this version making it the only console release of them. I highly recommend this version for those looking for great remastered games.

6. Gears of War 4 (2016)

The most recent game in the series, Gears of War 4 is an beginning to another story line. Officially Marcus passes the torch from himself to his son JD Fenix. An new war is coming with a lot more crazy possibilities. Gears of War 4 taking place twenty five years after Gears of War 3. A lot of things changed in such mind blowing ways. For the company first new Gears of War game it is great. I still felt it's not as good as some of the games. I do recommend this for anyone into shooters. In the past Gears of War had razor rain. Much easier to deal with compared to the new weather hazards you have encountered this time around. Gears of War 4 is an great start for things to come.

Now it's time for my list of the best Gears of War games. For the record none of these sucks. I do recommend most of these amazing classics. I am ranking from worst to best like always.
5. Gears of War: Judgment
4. Gears of War 4
3. Gears of War
2. Gears of War 3
1. Gears of War 2

I hope you guys had an good New Year, we can only hope for an amazing year. Until next time I'm Jack Red and I'll see all of you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment