Sunday, January 8, 2017

Jack Red reviews Lego Batman Trilogy

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, another Batman series close to my heart is Lego Batman trilogy. Some of the absolute best Lego video games in existence. All three of them bring a lot to the table. I would say if for whatever reason can't get any of the Arkham games. These would be the next best thing especially if you're an Batman fan.

Now I know there are more Lego games with Batman. I'm only reviewing Lego Batman games for this blog. Maybe I might try those games out eventually.

1. Lego Batman: The Video Game (2008)

One of my favorite Batman games ever, Lego Batman packs a lot of content. Like many Lego games, you get several campagins You can be Batman & Robin in Heroes campaigns with different suits. My favorite aspect of it is the other three campaigns allows you to play as many Batman villains. Even now it's rare to play as Batman villains in video games. It is simple, addicting, packed with unlockables & nails most areas you want in an video game. I kid you not Lego Batman really did blow me away. I highly recommend any Batman fan to give this game an try.

2. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (2012)

In my opinion the best among all Lego Batman games. Yes you only get one campaign but it's lengthy with an great story packed with plenty of characters. OMG this game really blew me away within the first few seconds of playing it. They doubled majority of everything from Lego Batman with some great new features. You get a lot more vehicles, abilities & characters to play with. Lego Batman 2 is addicting even not playing the campaign can be fun for hours. I am about to make an controversial statement that I stand completely behind. I felt exploring the world was done a lot better than Arkham Knight. There I said it, I never got bored of Lego Batman 2's map or unlocking stuff. One of the absolute best Batman sequel games ever made.

3. Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (2014)

Let's be honest Lego Batman 3 was not great. It is still an good game for what it brings to the table. I felt it went backwards in many areas. Especially comparing Lego Batman 2 blew everyone away with it's greatness. This blew people away in being very disappointing. We Batman fans expected this to be great to end up with an game like this. An weak story campaign with limited hub world. Honestly the hub world in Lego Batman 1 was much better. Yes you get a lot of characters but so many felt wasted spaces. In the previous game you get a lot of heroes & villains in the DC universe. We didn't need celebrity cameos in place of who could've been in the game. The bonus level is the only level worth mentioning. They recreated the 1966 show in Lego format doing an good job. Sadly This didn't hold up well today.

Now I rank all three games from worst to best. I know I kinda made this one a little more obvious than normal. None of these are bad games by any means. All of them in & of themselves are good representation of Batman.
3. Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
2. Lego Batman: The Video Game
1. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

I hope you guys enjoy this because I'm not done talking about Batman video games. Oh no everyone should already know what I got in store next. One of the absolute finest licensed game series in history. I'm talking about the now legendary Batman: Arkham series. Most of these games are really worth having in your collection. In fact just one of them is better than all three of these games combine. I'm not saying these games sucks by any means. I am saying these Batman games are really damn good. Until next time I'm Jack Red and I'll see all of you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment