Saturday, September 28, 2024

Chucky show review (2021-2024)

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, I wasn't planning an review of Chucky show so soon. But here we are, I actually enjoyed this show a lot. Yes unlike my previous blog entries about the show. I am going to spoil the hell out of it here. In all honestly, I felt the same when Ash vs Evil Dead show got canceled. It kinda stings a bit, I'll live though.

Chucky (2021-2024)

Essentially the eighth installment broken up into three seasons. It's a follow up to Cult of Chucky, some high school students became targets of the serial killer. You can tell they got creative as they're writing this. Season 2 felt almost like Seed of Chucky again not a good thing. Some felt Season 1 was the overall best.

Personally I kinda felt Season 3 despite some things ended up being my favorite season of the show. Yes several characters from the movies shows up to a degree. Chucky kills a lot of people still not Michael & Jason numbers though. I'm happy most of the actors reprised their roles. Speaking of actors, several other actors plays different characters with Devon Sawa having the record of five characters.

All killed in some way by Chucky no less. I easily could make the joke if Death had so much trouble killing him in Final Destination series. Somehow Chucky got Sawa five times. I almost wanted a sixth to do that famous "I shot him six times." Season 1 is mostly high school centered. Which funny enough the newer Goosebumps show had a similar angle with Slappy.

Season 2 was more of them being orphans in a catholic place. Season 3 we ended up in the White House. Some might think Season 3 might've went a little too big. The way I see it is a former mayor loses her position in the community because of Chucky. Season 3 went further with Chucky doing something worst towards the President of the United States.

You can easily say Chucky has no respect for authority. They heavily expanded on the multiple Chucky bodies concept. Season 2 felt like they lack focus with the desperation of bringing so many characters together. Yes there's plenty of funny moments especially in Season 3. I know some might be mixed over the ghost Chucky thing.

You knew eventually concepts like that Chucky gets to do right? We nearly prevented him going out to space, a famous joke concept. Which isn't inspired by similar films like Jason X or Leprechaun 4: In Space. What's crazier is this aired on two channels then later on Peacock during it's original airing. Most horror shows aired on one channel during their original run.

In this case Chucky aired on both USA and Syfy respectively. They even done a commercial I still remembered with him talking to Michael Myers!!! This alone blew my mind, before Chucky came to Dead by Daylight too. As a kid of slasher films, I was very excited over that. Sure, it was more about one of the Halloween films.

I mean come on, we had two of the biggest slasher villains in a commercial together. This almost felt like Freddy vs. Jason to me. Unofficially Tony Todd in Scream: Resurrection facing one of the Ghostface killers. Hey it's Candyman vs Ghostface!!! I know about the fan game Terrordrome, I loved it!!!

The show heavily centers on three high school students in every season. I felt changing out characters would've deeply impacted the show into the direction it needed to go in. I kinda wanted more Andy myself considering he's Chucky's nemesis. The show was meant to end things with them. I don't think it fully did though.

Indirectly because it's a show the stories kept longer than they needed to be. Let's put it this way, the length within his movies are just right. Season 2 kinda felt longer than necessary. All three seasons had eight episodes that's constant enough. The show greatly explains Chucky way more than any of the movies.

Chucky always up to something not pleasant. Someone always there to try stopping him. Chucky show had a lot of interesting ideas with everything considered. The special effects are mostly done well. Yeah some of the writing kinda like Gotham show to a degree. Probably a little better than that honestly. This show felt like fan service itself.

I will be honest it's not my favorite entry in the franchise. I do actually like the remake that several people in the original film franchise were against. Again that also isn't among my favorite Chucky entries. I'll reveal my top 3 favorites shortly enough. I will confirm it's not the worst among them either. Chucky show was surprisingly better than expected.

3. Child's Play
2. Bride of Chucky
1. Child's Play 2

Child's Play 2 heavily impacted the show as well as Chucky's appearance on Dead by Daylight. Still among my favorite sequel horror movies ever!!! Chucky franchise is among the most constant I ever gotten into. Chucky show itself isn't constant though. The pacing can differ without warning at times. You also may not like how they may chosen to spice up the story at times.

Chucky is such an rememberable character on this show. I even made several memes regarding it myself. I'll directly mention a particular one I previously discussed. In Jennifer's nightmare within A Nightmare on Elm Street 3. She dreamed about this star getting interviewed on television. The host suddenly transforms into Freddy attacking her.

In Season 2, Chucky hosted a talk show while largely the episode following Tiffany & a few character's stories. Late into the same episode, Chucky kills a famous wrestler. Maybe it's just something that happened. I wouldn't be surprised that nightmare scene inspired this joke either. Largely Season 2 reminds me of my favorite Freddy movie as a whole.

To be brutally honest, A Nightmare on Elm Street 3 way better in comparison. Season 1 I felt had just the right balance for things. Season 3 almost felt like let's get nuts!!! Almost from start to finish, the insanity kept getting more out of control. At the same time, it was a surprisingly interesting season. Chucky had several milestones during that season.

Chucky show almost felt like the fans took control of the franchise. Just not in the same way as Star Wars, I'm not going further into that. I say that because you get just enough what you want from the franchise. Yes it's not perfect but it's still one hell of a fun time. The show itself kinda felt like a huge party.

You just don't wanna be alone or Chucky gets you thing. This show almost threw out every idea people had left. I'm sure there's still plenty of other ideas not done yet. I also loved how every season ends with Chucky doing a kill count. Every season had other antagonist characters to a degree. Mostly it's Chucky & Tiffany no surprise there.

Caroline herself becoming the next Chucky essentially. She went from being a little girl into a monster. Personally I liked eventually someone takes over from Chucky's legacy. Yes I know Chucky dies a lot especially true with this show. At some point, he won't be able to come back to life. He previously died from his condition that rapidly aged him.

This alone almost ended Chucky's story. Luckily for him, he worked out a deal with his god. Thus, the whole ghost Chucky thing. Some of the stuff Chucky says I'm even amazed they allowed on television. Yes he sure loves to curse like a sailor everybody knows that. This show doesn't hide what a true monster he actually is.

Chucky always been among my favorite slasher villains. This show almost felt like several movies rolled into one. To me, Child's Play 2 was essentially the perfect Chucky movie nothing going to change that. It was the first Chucky movie I ever seen as a kid. Obviously, I got great nostalgia for the film.

Chucky show doesn't shy away from the kill scenes either. A handful of people not much happens with fates you can kinda figure out on your own. Like the time, he scared an old nun. In a similar situation he caused in Child's Play 3 that gave both of them heart attacks. I will be honest, I did like some alternative versions of Chucky with The Colonel being my favorite.

The Colonel is a parody of Colonel Walter Kurtz from Apocalypse Now. This Chucky was easily even crazier than the main one. He killed a lot of Chuckies as well as tortured Andy for a notable period. My least favorite is Buff Chucky aka their answer to Sonic Boom Knuckles. By now there's some similar concepts people still remembered.

Such as Uber Jason & Super Freddy respectively. Super Freddy was palm stupid but it kinda worked with Mark's nightmare. Then again considering what Freddy actually could do. Super Freddy was virtually pointless in the first place. I will be honest Uber Jason kinda awesome in comparison. Buff Chucky was just a stupid idea that shouldn't happened.

He even loss to a brain washed Chucky, that's pathetic!!! Two of these seasons felt like Chucky quickly had another plan following his original plans. In Season 2, he comes back during Christmas to kill em. In Season 3, I know I sound like a broken record by now. Ghost Chucky that led to a rather unexpected ending.

I also gotta say Jake might be the stupidest hero character to date. Especially with trying to use Good Chucky to end things with him. At the same time, he didn't prepare for the possibility of Chucky taking his body. He was too dumb to realize brain washed Chucky already back to normal. Even before the exorcism for that matter.

I will give the actor pulling off his Dourif voice that was kinda awesome. Speaking of Dourif, his daughter plays two characters on the show. Nica Pierce and flash back Chucky respectively. I actually give respect to using her in place of her dad during those. Just imagine with the technology to de-age him, it just wouldn't work.

They also made Nica essentially Tiffany's Andy in a nut shell. Which I loved the concept a lot myself. She needed a true enemy for so long. She ended up hating her more than Chucky. She even came to watch her death sentence get carried out. Which by now you should know didn't go according to plan. Chucky show has plenty of surprises on the way.

Chucky still got it after all these years. Again the cancelation stings a lot. Just imagine this and Ash vs Evil Dead marathon I'll watch that on Halloween!!! This show was one of my big shows the years it's aired in. Let's be honest even Season 2 was better than Halloween Ends. Such a disappointing final Halloween movie.

Chucky show felt like a combination of ideas a lot of fans had over the years. We finally got to see a lot of them played out on this show. Also there's the question where do we go from Season 3? Thankfully it's an cliffhanger that will be continue off of in the next Chucky movie. All of a sudden, it no longer suffers the same fate of many shows.

Some might criticize the quality of Chucky dolls on the show. I strongly felt all of them are notably better than expected. Considering how budgets works between movies and making episodes of a show. It's kinda difficult to say which ends up being more expensive. On one hand, you got a movie with a planned period of finalizing.

The other you gotta do several episodes with the same budget as well as a similar expected finalizing process. The later felt like what easily could've been several Chucky movies in comparison. Regardless which was more stressful, Don does amazing work. I don't think Chucky got canned over the budget getting too expensive.

If I had to make a guess, network changes ultimately didn't see it within the lineup anymore. Thankfully it wasn't canned over low rankings that taken Ash vs Evil Dead show down. I'm just glad The CW rushing out Arrowverse shows as well as using every excuse to canned their own shows didn't happen. Which I'm still quite salty over The CW!!!

Chucky show kinda was like Tales from the Crypt or better seasons of The American Horror Story. Obviously Ash vs Evil Dead show in several ways too. This show will always meant a lot to me. It's better than Freddy's Nightmares that had Robert Englund reprising his role. At least, Chucky could say my show better lol.

I loved how much of the lore they added through the show itself. Some were quite eye opening like Tiffany sold out Chucky leading to the events of Child's Play 1. I should point out she's also in Dead by Daylight too. Yes Jennifer Tilly reprised her role as well. Personally I'm not a Tiffany fan but I do respect her to a degree.

This show felt like the years we waited since Cult of Chucky totally worth it. To clarify, Cult of Chucky came out in 2017. Two years before Child's Play remake with Mark Hamill. The show does a great job connecting to all the previous Chucky movies. In the end, I just wished parts of the ending a little different.

The ending itself wasn't bad but simply came out of no where. It's not rushed by any means like the ending to Red Tide among Double Feature season of American Horror Story. Which also forced Death Valley getting rushed with just four episodes!!! Despite how inconstant the pacing can be at times. Chucky show still ends up living up to things.

No comments:

Post a Comment