Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Moon Knight show Season 1 review

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, thanks to Disney+ I got to watch a particular MCU show I wanted to see. There were a lot of talks if they were going to do this character or not. Late last year, Moon Knight show finally happened through Disney+. Despite the comparisons to DC's Batman, I say he's a very different character even with some strong similarities.

If they do an Season 2, I may come back to review it here.

Moon Knight (2022)
This show takes place within Phase Four. For those new to MCU, each movie line up within MCU are called Phases. The first three Phases together is called The Infinity Saga. The more recently three Phases is called The Multiverse Saga, we're currently in Phase Five. A little confusing I know let's move on. Moon Knight is an strangely interesting show because the main hero has multiple personalities.

I will try to keep this as non spoiler review as possible. Each personality is vastly different from each other. Currently there's six episodes but I do hope for more episodes. This felt bigger scaled from the Netflix MCU shows in a couple of ways. Not only that, Moon Knight having a particular look for which personality is in control a rather nice touch.

Either variation of Moon Knight's outfits is very faithful to the comics. I even say the one Marc has is very awesome looking. It even looked better than some live action Batman's batsuits no lie. This show partly reminds me of The Punisher but it isn't as ugly with the violence despite things. This felt like The Mummy series with Brendan Fraser at times.

I kinda wish we more than six episodes but it still works. Maybe I wanted more of the actual character onscreen. I would say one of the better MCU shows I seen, I got a long way to eventually get caught up. Moon Knight felt like the days of Batman would kill people. At the same time, it also felt more ancient yet mysteriously too.

Moon Knight is an character that never quite gets old. Especially when things started heating up. I felt they done a great job bringing the character into MCU. Honestly, there isn't much complaints I have with the show. Probably my biggest complaint other than the episode length since they might do more episodes. Some cut away moments kinda felt more like bad editing than making you wondered what happened.

Other than that, the characters for the most part are interesting. Yes they do reveal the origin of Moon Knight. It just isn't a major part of the actual story arc. Mostly shown as a flashback, some superhero movies & shows constantly shows their origin stories to the point you get sick of it. So I'm glad Moon Knight was more focus what's going on than doing that before everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment