Sunday, April 11, 2021

My thoughts on RE:Verse Beta

 Hello everyone I'm Jack Red, a few days late one night I tried Resident Evil RE:Verse Beta. I did it through Xbox One, honestly I am mixed about this in a lot of ways. I am not trying to spoil what I think of it too early here. I knew some people really into online multiplayer games would dig it. I just want to give my two cents.

As many of you know this is the multiplayer game included with Resident Evil Village. Sadly, this quickly didn't set well with me. There's slightly more survivor characters than creatures. You can select your survivor character but not which bio weapon you'll become. Even Doom 2016's multiplayer allowed you to choose which demon you become after getting the power up.

There's several differences between all playable characters. It is very easy to die in this game. As a survivor, you collect items including viral canisters. You only can hold up to two viral canisters. Which does give you one of two creatures you'll become when you die. Personally, I had the most fun being Jack & Mutated Mr. X among those creatures.

It is weird they decided to use Chris' model from REVII rather than Village. To me, they made Nemesis a little too weak. I actually had more fun playing as Nemesis in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. There's only one map that wasn't bad. If you end up in the top three after matches ends, you technically won. I kinda like that better than you have to get the top spot.

I felt Resistance had a lot more going for it. I mostly stand by my original thoughts on this upcoming game. I do see it being a rip off multiplayer game nothing more. If they would've changed the engine to one allowing bigger possibilities. Maybe I'll get on board with this, sadly I highly doubt it. RE:Verse is virtually them trying to cash in on so many online shooter multiplayer game's market.

Any gamer would tell you that market is very repetitive. There's so many of them that are strikingly similar. I don't think this game does enough to stand out enough. In fact, I really wouldn't be surprised early on dead happens. It might even get more people directly into Resistance more. Maybe we had more modes, right now it's not much better than Umbrella Corps.

Let's pretend that game doesn't exist. Now it technically is a game you guy through getting Village. I do think Capcom is going to get carried away with dlcs. They done it a few times before. Which in itself is going to scare or piss people off to not want to play. To me, this isn't anything special. I know betas are a small fracture of a game.

But if the final game does little to nothing major enough to bounce back. It's already dead to me by that point. I don't think if that were to happen, it would be better than Resistance. I would even say both Chronicles are way better than this. Even RE6 in a weird way has class than this. Overall, no I refuse to live the actual game.

No comments:

Post a Comment