Wednesday, July 29, 2020

My thoughts on a handful of killers reworked (Dead by Daylight)

Hello everyone I'm Jack Red, I am about to take a break from playing Dead by Daylight. As of right now, I'm a rank 3 killer I worked very hard to get it. I been uploading videos to a new YouTube account, which I'll be linking later on. I figured with two killers getting reworked yesterday to talk about a few of these myself.

Freddy

Originally you had to manually pull in survivors to the dream world. This was sadly his only original power when he arrived. Thank god they dramatically upgraded him. The survivors automatically start falling asleep while adding a new method for them to wake up. He also can choose to use Dream Pallets or Dream Snares that slows down survivors as well as tricking em.

Freddy also can directly teleport to generators even if they are running. They also kept him sensing asleep survivors within range. He also could appear somewhat invisible to those slightly outside his range. Some of his add ons got replaced as well. Freddy is now a complex killer that has map pressure something missing from his old build.

The Doctor

Originally you had to manually change attack modes during matches often. Following his rework, he can quickly change between three attacks. Yes you heard correctly three attacks with two causing madness in survivors. He also got a few new add on, there's a particular YouTuber/Twitch streamer that goes into full details.

The Hillbilly

To clarify, he doesn't go through as major game play changes as most killers that went through this process. Mostly audio changes for The Hillbilly including a new chase song. Some of his add ons got replaced. Other than that, he isn't much different from his long standing old build in comparison. I still say the audio parts are a nice touch.

Leatherface

They made me a bit faster in comparison. They also limited parts of the controls you'll lose while using his chainsaw. Some of his add ons got replaced. Speaking of his chainsaw, by default you have three charges instead of it's original one charge usage. This can be used to chainsaw awhile to prevent some strategies from happening.

Quick thoughts

Freddy is now one of the best overall killers in this game. I also can say that about The Doctor whose already had difficult stuff to counter by default. The Hillbilly received the least game play changes in my opinion. They actually made Leatherface fun to play as, something greatly lacking prior to the recent update.

To clarify something before someone takes it out of proportion. The Hillbilly is a great killer that always had a strong reputation with the community. He is still one of the fastest killers in the game. I felt they only worked on him game play wise to make him more different from Leatherface. Otherwise for being one of the original killers, he still one of the best killers in the game.

I didn't play enough old build of The Nurse so I wouldn't be the guy to explain how she was changed properly. Even if I wanted to, I simply can not do it period. I do felt Freddy and Leatherface in particular really needed this. I am very happy how both of them play in the game now. The Doctor is already fun for me to play as but now more so with his new build.

YouTube channel under my real name
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLPDcw6gKo9lrxUgQrhTyRA?view_as=subscriber

I already made two particular playlists for Dead by Daylight killer videos. One of them is Ruthless Killer rank matches with the other being Merciless Killer rank matches. I figured I might as well reveal around three months of work I been doing. I got to say Dead by Daylight is one of my personal favorite horror games I ever played.

No comments:

Post a Comment