Friday, June 1, 2018

Jack Red reviews Xtro 1 and 2

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I figured to review the first two Xtro movies. Believe it or not, despite being an alien movie trilogy. They have little to nothing in common at all. Not even sharing an alien race. I haven't seen Xtro 3 otherwise I would've done all three of them in one blog. I should point out Xtro 2 was the bonus movie of Killer Toys Collection & the only movie included not part of the theme.

Xtro (1983)

Xtro is one of the strangest movies in all of my horror movie collection. This is both alien & killer toy movie. An alien comes to Earth, he impregnates a human woman into giving birth to a humanoid alien. Close to half way through, he infects the boy giving him powers. He quickly discovers he can control toys as well as turn them into living creatures.

I believe this kid gets most of the kills since three of his toys killed someone. Two aliens are terrorizing people in a way you wouldn't know what's going on. This is sorta like a horror movie version of E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. Technically E.T. came a couple months before in the UK in 1982.

E.T. also got to the United States much faster than Xtro did. Why the sudden comparison? Both movies involves an alien leaving Earth to go back to their home planet. I should mention the famous scene where a toy soldier breaks into an old woman's apartment room. There is also a clown that helps the boy.

This is an cult classic that not many people would enjoy especially if they're a fan of Alien series. Sure this does kinda rip off that series but it does plenty of things to differ itself from it. Some kills are just plain awkward like one of the aliens is screaming to the point a man dies from it. I would say try watching this to get a better understanding how unusual it is.

Xtro 2 (1990)

This movie is just plain bad, at least the original had some good things. This is just what you expect from tired sci fi movies trying to experiment extra ideas. Now I know I possibly offended a lot of people with that statement. Yes I seen some good movies with that concept but some companies love crapping all over it.

Xtro 2 differs in many ways to the original movie. For starters, the aliens come from another dimension. They affect people very differently that's also comes off being what you expect from zombie movies. In the original Xtro, either the alien impregnates a human woman or in their humanoid forms suck into their flesh to create eggs.

It quickly becomes boring with not much to excite you. The aliens move like their part mech or someone in powered armor I'm not kidding. How they went about killing a doctor becoming an alien was kinda stupid. This movie doesn't bring anything new to the concept. I highly recommend avoiding this movie at all costs.

It simply isn't worth your money, attention & time. I would rather watch the last two Species movies over this. Yes I'm aware that franchise is also a rip off of Alien series that's more focus on sex. In their argument, they told the stories better with a better usage of the alien to alien humanoid creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment