Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Bad Horror Movie Sequel Wednesdays #11 Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I should clarify something before going on. At the end of my previous entry in this series. I said I was going to be a sequel made by Tobe Hooper who recently passed away. Sadly he never directed any sequels with the possible exception being Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. But I really like Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 for many reasons. I felt I should focus on something he started that eventually got ruined.

Although with some sequels more recently making some movies non canon is a double edge sword. Yes we are actually getting great sequels but at the cost of something already loss in Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. Very few of these movies follow each other with some movies actually being more of a stand alone than being a true sequel.

Today I think it is time to talk about a movie that doesn't even know what it wants to be. At some point this following movie was going to be a reboot but somehow got called a sequel. Despite having no real connections to any of the previous movies. Oh you know we're already going in a bad direction.

I am here to talk about Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation. It is already bad the people behind this really wasn't sure what this movie should be. Now in title is ripping off Star Trek: The Next Generation. I am not a fan of Star Trek actually I'm more in Star Wars but that's besides the point. By using a title on something with such a enormous fan base you are insulting shame on you guys.


As the title suggests sorta this is a new beginning of the horrors that lurks in Texas. Every single Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies takes place in the same state with a similar house. Somehow all these different families has their own Leatherface. I am not trying to piss any fans off by saying this. I really don't like the later Leatherface movie appearance.

This made him a little too similar to the real life serial killer Ed Gein. Granted Psycho series, Silence of the Lambs and Texas Chainsaw Massacre series are all inspired by him. I felt by making Leatherface too much like a woman ruins his character. I have nothing against draq queens or those who like people of the same sex. To me Leatherface should be menacing.

We're talking about a chainsaw wielding maniac the very same icon that made it famous in the first place. I could name several movies & games that took inspiration from these movies. How the hell did this look get in Mortal Kombat X I'll never know. Some of the worst kills in the entire franchise is present here.

I believe this has the worst acting among all Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies. Yes this movie was one of some actors' first roles. Matt McConaughey recently was the Man in Black in The Dark Tower movie. Clearly he wasn't meant for horror movie roles. He should stick to comedies since it plays more into his strengths.

This movie doesn't have any good parts in it at all. I mean come on the last three movies all had some rememberable parts. In Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3. the scene with Leatherface is fighting in the swamp with two possible endings. In Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. Chop Top creeping out the DJ lady. The same scene The Angry Video Game Nerd parodied on his show.

In The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Leatherface cutting people up parts. Maybe it's just me but they attempted to make this movie less realistic. They wanted to make them all different from each other. Ever heard of a long running horror movie series called Maneater. Every movie has a different creature killing people.

Honestly I was more impressed by Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses & it's sequel The Devil's Rejects. At least those had strong connections to each other despite being very different movies. I so happen to be a huge Captain Spaulding fan. Back to this piece of filth, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation doesn't really play into what we love about previous movies.

Not even his family in this movie can save it from being so terrible. This movie ends up being one boring mess that never uses it's potential. If that isn't a good description then what the hell is? I was very disappointed after seeing this movie a few times. Tobe Hooper's legacy with these movies went down the crapper with this one.

I highly recommend avoiding this abomination of a chainsaw maniac that can't even put two plus two together. Leatherface was horribly used in this movie. This is considered a slasher horror movie. You know killers that kill a lot of people in such horrible ways. I do have a difficult watching this. Not for the few brutal kills present in this movie. Everything in every possible way ruin beyond your expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment