Tuesday, May 10, 2016

My Personal Connection to Sonic the Hedgehog Series (Part 5 of Sonic 25th Anniversary Blog Series) Final Part

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, it is about time to wrap things up. I could give you boss lists, codes list, favorite songs list, etc... I think the absolute best way to end it up is by writing my experience as an Sonic fan. All within one blog entry, all coming from the heart. This will reveal some of my happiest memories relating to Sonic series. I will try being straight to the point but really want people to understand. Exactly why I'm so passionate about Sonic franchise as an whole.

We will start in the beginning going very early into my child hood. Roughly around three or four years old, my parents got me playing an Sega Genesis. This was my first game console before so many in my life. I was blown away by many of the games I had at the time. An great number of them are in both big Genesis collection I recently compared against each other. I remember my dad got out an long wore out paper with codes for Sonic 2. I also remember late at night my parents playing Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. I also remember me & my brother finding out about the lock-on games. I believe Knuckles in Sonic 2 was the first of three we both played.

Sadly due to already owning an Genesis and SNES at the time. I never got to own an Sega Saturn during it's run. Very briefly one year at Otakon I did play an Saturn. I did own an Sega Game Gear but didn't have many games for it. If I knew what I know now, I would've kept my Game Gear. I did to play at someone's house an terrible game on Sega CD for an few minutes. Even after owning PlayStation 1 to up, I still own an great number of Sonic games. In my life time I played over fifty Sonic games.

Yes Sega had it's ups & downs which greatly affected many of their franchises. Especially Sonic series because at this point people kept more towards Mario & some of Sony's franchises. For the most part I supported Sega heavily in all those years. I was hoping for more great Sonic games to come. Some years had at least two worthy Sonic games with some barely having anything. Games like Sonic Colors, Sonic Generations & those cross over racing games are why I'm an huge fan.

I mean going back to Sonic 3 & Knuckles which I did research this. No one else ever attempted the lock-on technology concept on discs or cartridges. The closest things were the following all doin something different. Game Genies, Game Sharks and Action Replay enables codes not even in those games. Super 3D Noah's Ark on SNES over writes any official SNES game to work. Add ons that allows games played on other consoles. The closest gaming ever got to it to this day was dlcs. I am not kidding you see for Sonic 3 & Knuckles were originally going to be one big game. Due to several problems they had to separate it into two games. But Sega created the lock-on technology creating an near endless Blue Sphere, Knuckles in Sonic 2 and an complete Sonic 3 experience. Today by having dlcs, adding more content to the overall game would be incredibly similar. There exist an few dlcs you could get for Left 4 Dead 2 allowing you to play the entire Left 4 Dead 1 campaign. Not a lot of games do concepts like this. The fact only Sega did what took many years for many game companies to do with dlcs in two cartridge is rather impressive.

I already covered Sonic Games Collection, all Sonic cartoons, the best twenty levels in twenty years, the best heroes & villains of Sonic universe. I felt telling my experience as an long time Sonic fan would open someone's people eyes. I never truly gave up hope that Sonic will get more good games. Even if he doesn't, I'll always support him over Mario any day. I bought both Sonic Games Collection & Sega Mega Drive and Genesis Classics covering over sixty Sega games. Both being the biggest bundles with Sonic games on Steam all prior to the upcoming 25th Anniversary of Sonic the Hedgehog. There is so much great content even outside those games to love Sonic. I mean he is Sega's longest running mascot for an reason folks. Although he too failed to kill Mario's success. By releasing my favorite game of all time, Sonic 2 briefly broke their numbers in just an few months. Even now Sonic series has some of the biggest world records to date. Such as the longest running comic book series based on an video game franchise.

More recently noticing all those Dragon Ball references hidden within Sonic universe. At one point they did an comic book crossover with Megaman an few years ago. Sonic is one of the few video game characters to have an star on Walk of Game. Sonic also had an few Thanksgiving Day Parade balloons. I own two awesome Sonic hats with some merchandise of all types. Sonic is one of the very few video games I really can't stop playing when I get going. To me if it weren't for Sega in general & those amazing Sonic games of my early child hood. I would have never been an gamer in the first place.

I hope you all enjoy all five parts of my celebration leading up to the 25th Anniversary of Sonic franchise. I will keep gaming on Sonic games until I'm no longer with you. These games alone are my very reason of being who I am. Please keep supporting the Sonic series, I'm Jack Red & I'll see all of you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment