Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Demonic Toys: Jack-Attack (2023) review

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, I promise it took so long to finally getting around doing this review. I also need to apologize regarding the last three Demonic Toys reviews I done. I recently found out all three of them were actual episodes of a short show not movies. Regardless I'm back with another spin off of the franchise with my favorite Demonic Toys character, Jack Attack.

A little heads up, I already planning another Puppet Master: The Game blog entry. This one will cover two new factions added to the game since my review. Now you got something related to look forward to. Look it's no secret, I absolutely love evil clown characters ever since child hood. Obviously, I had to watch this on Tubi when I found out the movie was on there.

Demonic Toys: Jack-Attack (2023)

I do wanna see this loosely connected to Baby Oopsie's more recent stories. Previously they done a few spin off films including two for Puppet Master series. I also need to point out for some reason, Jack Attack's hair is blonde. In this case the different hair color worked. Jack isn't alone, another clone character helping him murder people.

The story follows an orphan that lost the ability to speak. Eventually her past comes back to haunt her. I will say right off the bat, this is one of the better entries in Demonic Toys franchise. For me it made up for Demonic Toys 2 and the unofficial crossover movie. I haven't seen many characters similar to Jack Attack except Der Klown from Krampus the Universal film one.

Most of the characters is what you expect from Full Moon's movies. Jack gets some brutal kills in the movie. One weird part I liked is when he gets told to go back inside his box. Honestly I'm happy to see Jack Attack return. Parts of the movie sorta comes off like Silent Hill oddly enough. The movie is a little shorter than expected.

It's also the last Full Moon movie with William Butler. He also wrote the story for the film. I would be somewhat proud leaving with a movie like that. Maybe it's just me it felt like they have to constantly change up what Jack Attack can do. It sorta comes off as they can't decide how to make him scarier.

Now that would've made sense if he were an Rubik Cube. Which he isn't by any means, he's a clown theme Jack in the Box. If you are a fan of the franchise you may enjoy this. It's kinda funny the spin off Demonic Toys stuff way better than Puppet Master's spin off films. This movie was surprisingly better than expected in a few ways.

This felt like the right balance despite being an low budget 2023 film. Jack Attack does come off being somewhat scary. His clown friend comes more off being creepy at times. This old woman secretly the one pulling the strings. You know they have to make another Demonic Toys movie in the near future.

Personally I would love to see an spin off film with Zombietoid. For those not familiar with the character, he last appeared in Dollman vs. Demonic Toys movie. He was the soldier action figure in that movie. The more I think about, the crazier such an film could possibly be. I will say this movie is a must see for fans of the franchise or you simply love Full Moon movies as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment