Sunday, April 3, 2022

XboxClown89 reviews Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Rescue-Palooza! (fan TMNT game)

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, considering two TMNT games are coming out this year. Why not check out Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Rescue-Palooza!? It's a fan game on PC by Merso X, I don't have much experience playing fan games. I will say this I didn't expect to love this game so much. I would even dare to say it blows TMNT IV: Turtles in Time on SNES away.

I know quite an statement but this game really felt like the most complete TMNT experience ever. First we have to look at some of the big reasons why TMNT IV: Turtles in Time often regarded as the best official TMNT game. For starters, it made smart changes from the original Arcade game. Also it's roster of villains was enough to make every TMNT fan happy.

This game went even further by adding in a lot more villain characters. Even brief appearance characters are present in this. Oh wait it gets way better than that. It truly felt like most of Konami's TMNT games based on 1987 cartoon rolled perfectly together into an unique fan game. Most stages, you'll unlock more characters to play as.

There's sixty playable characters ranging from the joke characters to possibly op characters like Shogun. The graphics goes between several TMNT game looks at times. The cut scenes are well animated with the voice actors sounds just like those right off the show. I also loved you can select any stage for majority of the game.

You know similar to Mega Man classic and X series does before the final stages. Speaking of that, they treated the final stages like that as well. No boss rushes but this game is packed with some amazing stuff. Even sprites from the SNES game TMNT: Tournament Fighters got used here. It is possible to play this with three other people.

I loved the references to the games as I played this. There's a short tutorial when you start up the game. If you beat the game, you'll unlock Arcade Mode. You will have every character including Krang and Shredder to play as. I felt there's more than enough variety to keep the game interesting. I don't have much criticisms surprisingly.

You will instantly feel like you're living in the show, it's that damn good. Yes this game has stuff not even pulled from those games too. Every time you beat an stage, the game automatically saves. However the game doesn't show anything to confirm or even let you know it's saving your process. It is a nice length TMNT game that many fans would love.

To me, this felt just like Streets of Rage 4. You get the nice blast of nostalgia, you don't wanna to stop reliving it. TMNT: Rescue-Palooza! is a truly solid fan TMNT game. I don't simply recommend you play it, I demand you play it before TMNT: Shredder's Revenge or The Cowabunga Collection comes out. After playing this, you will felt there's no way to further improve this.

There's a strong chance you'll make this your favorite TMNT game. I'm not going to lie this game is worthy enough to surpass TMNT IV: Turtles in Time. I also liked there's bonus stages to help better your chances. I just felt some of these are a little too strict. Otherwise, they can be fun to play at times. This game not only breaths TMNT, it yells COWABUNGA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment