Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Ranking every Golden Axe game in Sega Genesis Classics

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, today I wanted to rank every Golden Axe game included within Sega Genesis Classics. Golden Axe always been one of my absolute favorite Sega franchises. Honestly, I know most lists are very similar with some of them being a little different in placements and reasons. I am happy to talk about Golden Axe again.

3. Golden Axe III

I will be brutally honest, this doesn't even feel like an Golden Axe game. In every regard it falls flat especially compared to the previous two entries. Only the panther guy stands out among the roster. The versus mode isn't as rememberable as Duel Mode. Nearly every enemy is incredibly cheap. They set the standards of getting the True Ending a bit too high here.

2. Golden Axe II

Although, a lot of people see this game as a reharsh of the original Golden Axe. I actually do prefer several things over the original. Such as having the option to change which direction to throw an enemy or how much magic I use. I even felt the music was slightly better in comparison. Where it falls short is the difficulty being notably lower as well as a cheap final boss.

1. Golden Axe

Golden Axe was among the first ports of an Arcade game on Sega Genesis. It still held up amazingly well by today's standards. Also, it had some nice stuff not included in the Arcade version as well. It just had the perfect balance of everything. Golden Axe always have been a fun hack & slash beat em up I can easily come back to.

No comments:

Post a Comment