Monday, December 6, 2021

Jack Red reviews F Is for Family (2015-2021)

 Hello everyone I'm Jack Red aka XboxClown89, I know it's been a while since I wrote any blogs on here. To be honest, things been very busy on my end. Thankfully I can do another show review for the road. F Is for Family is an animated sitcom on Netflix. I can't wait to dive right into the review but first a warning.

I am not going to lie this show can be racist as well as sexist at times. Also possibly could offend other people's regions as well. I figured to tell you out right rather than you go right into the show. Then you get offended one or a few ways afterwards. Imagine Family Guy without the out of place jokes that's more directly offensive.

F Is for Family centers on the Murphy family in the 1970s. Later on will make this time period of the show more clear. You may not fully realize it until then honestly. Frank is a dad really trying to help his family but things kept going wrong causing him being mostly angry. Sue can be a bit of a selfish bitch at times, not as much as another lady on the show though.

Up to the end of Season 4, there were three kids. Now there's four of them with the newest being an baby. The show does answer some important questions about many things relating to the family. Some characters like Rosie goes through major differences. Not only that, there are some surprisingly funny moments in such a serious show.

I would say Frank is the most human among his family. It is a real shame this show got canned despite being allowed one last season. I'm not going to sugar coat, this show really has balls. Some of the mess stuff they done is like wow that wouldn't allow this much of it on TV. Like one man got blown up that also led to his uncle's death.

F Is for Family doesn't shy away at being offensive at all. Some characters are just plain mess up in general. I didn't expect the show to be well written as well as remaining constant. Yes I know it ended on five seasons. But some of them kept going much longer to eventually start showing not being as great.

Vic ends up being one of my favorite characters on the show. I actually remembered how I got into this show. I went over my brother's place a few years ago, they were watching a few episodes. I'm surprised I actually wanted more of it myself. This show doesn't hide from possible real issues you may face in the world.

I would even say out of all the animated sitcoms I watched, it's the most realistic among them. Yes even more than King of the Hill at times. F Is for Family is a show I was very upset about it's cancelation. I don't think it was due to low rankings. I actually think it's because of COVID hit some of them hard.

Three of them got episodes dedicated to them including a voice over. It is also possible some of the racist jokes in Season 5 could've led to that as well. It partly plays on politics not as much as American Dad though. Honestly, this show did a great job not holding back. Some character's passing isn't made clear like a war veteran killed by his ex wife.

I still say shows like Big Mouth is generally much funnier. Humor isn't as a major part of the experience. It is more of how some characters do whatever they can to get what they want. Even it also leads to some bad things. Like Frank hired an stuntman who caused him to be demoted with no Christmas bonus.

Keep in mind, no one else even tried pitching an idea to save the air port from going under. You kinda felt bad for Kevin's accident. But later in the show, he is too much about himself I'm sorry. I know he does care about his dad at times. Is it necessary to music your song at your grandpa's funeral. Then again only Frank later found out his dad did have a music request for his own funeral.

Bill is going down a mixed path, so is his sister. They don't fully realize how rough it is to maintain things with other problems with their work. I felt unsatisfied with the final episode because only Frank got the short end of the stick. The voice acting is done incredibly well. I will deeply miss such an awesome show from Netflix in years to come.

F Is for Family was something a little unexcepted to me. It played more heavily on real problems parents could face in the world. Not only that, a few gore scenes you won't even see coming the first time watching. Even the amount of it is beyond what you might be use to seeing in similar shows. Well maybe not in South Park's case.

This show remained interesting since episode 1. Which is rare among those shows to do. F Is for Family is a show in a way the world needs. There are a few surprises on the way. I think Frank quickly steals the show. The emotional stuff really hits home at times. I liked they took risks while making the show their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment