Hello I'm Jack Red, supposedly some companies has contacted Sega months ago. They are in the process of adding more games. Considering Sega Genesis vs. SNES debate still going on strong today. There were a lot of companies back then that helped made it one of the best face offs in history.
Now I figured to do an Top 5 list on this topic because you will be surprised by what I just found out. Some of which will blow your mind on so many levels. We could be getting a lot of the console's best soon. Without wasting any more time let's kick off my list.
5. 20th Century Fox
20th Century Fox really became an big company in the last two decades. Widely known for it's movies & shows, of course they had licensed games on Sega Genesis. Although barely do stand out on their own. There are an handful worth mention among the list below.
1. Home Alone
2. Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
3. Alien 3
4. The Simpsons: Bart vs. The Space Mutants
5. The Simpsons: Bart's Nightmare
6. The Simpsons: Krusty Super Fun House
7. The Simpsons: Virtual Bart
4. Bandai Namco Entertainment
Bandai Namco is an mixture of two great game companies. Owner of some legendary arcade games back in the day. Even now still coming out with amazing games. Long before the merger, Namco did make a lot of Genesis games. Some of which are still remembered today.
1. Ms. Pac-Man (released as an unofficial port on the console)
4. Burning Force
6. Dangerous Seed
7. Marvel Land
8. Quad Challenge
9. Rolling Thunder 2
10. Splatterhouse 2
11. Splatterhouse 3
13, Rolling Thunder 3
Konami has one of the absolute best video game libraries in history. They still gave us some impressive Genesis games. Most pushed what Genesis was capable of still blowing people away today. Especially games like Castlevania: Bloodlines, Rocket Knight Adventures & Contra: Hard Corps. Konami really out did themselves on the Genesis. PS. Konami no longer owns the rights to TMNT games.
1. Sunset Riders
2. Lethal Enforcers
3. Rocket Knight Adventures
4. Zombies Ate My Neighbors
5. Castlevania: Bloodlines
6. Contra: Hard Corps
7. Lethal Enforcers 2
8. Sparkster: Rocket Knight Adventures 2
2. Warner Bros.
One of the biggest names in entertainment history. Warner Bros. still making movies & recently got more into the game industry. They own many great licenses such at DC comics, Looney Tunes & their movies. I made an very good list to show off Warner Bros. if they added these amazing games on Steam.
2. Batman Returns
3. The Adventures of Batman & Robin
4. Bugs Bunny in Double Trouble
5. Daffy Duck in Hollywood
7. Escape from Mars
8. Desert Demolition
9. Cheese Cat-Astrophe Starring Speedy Gonzales
10. Sylvester and Tweety in Cagey Capers
11. Tiny Toons Adventures: Buster's Hidden Treasure
12. Tiny Toons Adventures: ACME A;;-Stars
13. Demolition Man
14. Batman Forever
15. Batman: Revenge of the Joker
Honestly Rare was close of getting on the list. Rare didn't do many Genesis games that all do stand out. They are still going on strong today despite not doing as well as they often did. Rare could make a lot of their fans happy by allowing these games I listed on Steam.
2. Battletoads & Double Dragon (requires another company to make possible)
3. Champion Pro-Am
4. Snake Rattle 'n' Roll
If you seen this coming before reading congrats. Disney has a lot of Disney games on Sega Genesis. A few years ago they bought Marvel comics further increasing it's appeal for this list. An great amount of the games I listed are very good games for their time. Even their okay to bad ones have some appeal to them. I kid you not Disney has been on an roll recently. If they decided to rerelease a a lot of them on Steam. You could guarantee they would break an world record in total sells. Honestly they're that famous among everyone.
2. Donald in Maui Mallard
3. Goofy's Hysterical History
4. Castle of Illusion
6. World of Illusion
7. Mickey's Ultimate Challenge
8. Disney's Magical Quest 2
9. Mickey Mania
10. The Amazing Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin
11. Captain America and The Avengers
12. Spider-Man and the X-Men in Arcade's Revenge
13. The Punisher
15. X-Men 2: Clone Wars
16. The Incredible Hulk
17. Wolverine: Adamantium Rage
18. Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage
19. Venom/Spider-Man: Separation Anxiety
20. Spider-Man The Animated Series
I know a lot of this are mind blowing. If these major companies realize they could bring a lot of money in. Simply by allowing their Genesis games on Steam would really go an long way for people. Thus for them not to consider doing it is beyond stupidity. But those are the main five companies that could serious bank an ridiculous amount from it's consumers. So I'm Jack Red & I'll see all of you later.