Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Bonus Halloween Blog #9 my thoughts on Death Battle's Skeletober Skelebration

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, A lot of people knows how much I love skeletons. Well the website Death Battle for their Death Battle! Cast web podcast show decided on a small tournament filled with skeleton characters. Trust me, I had a similar concept that ultimately never took off so this was a good backup plan.

They are calling it Skeletober Skelebration, I really loved the name guys.

I want to point some stuff out. Each match has two variations in how they play out for the show. There's the cast themselves discussing who they think may win. They also put it up to a poll, whoever gets the most votes wins. Sadly, this isn't DBX so all votes are final. As someone who truly loves skeletons, I'm happy to talk about this.

It's been a long while since I discuss their community fights that actually got my attention. Also yes I will be revealing my votes in every match. Sadly, I will not be researching every fight. Which may disappoint some people. At least, you get more of an idea how I view things. This tournament was the perfect excuse I needed!!!

Match 1: Ainz Ooal Gown (Overlord) vs Grim (The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy)
Voted: Ainz

Poll results
Ainz 36%
Grim 64%

Chat poll results
Ainz 56%
Grim 43%

The cast ruled in favor of Ainz

Ainz moves on to the final match.

Match 2: Ghost Rider (Marvel) vs Sans (Undertale)
Voted: Ghost Rider

The cast ruled in favor of Ghost Rider

Poll results
Ghost Rider 82%
Sans 18%

Chat poll results
Ghost Rider 65%
Sans 35%

Ghost Rider moves on to the final match.

Match 3: Skull Knight (Berserk) vs Gravelord Nito (Dark Souls)
Voted: Skull Knight

The cast ruled in favor of Skull Knight

Poll results
Skull Knight 81%
Gravelord Nito 19%

Chat poll results
Skull Knight 71%
Gravelord Nito 29%

Skull Knight moves on to the final match.

Final Match: Skeletor (He-Man) vs Ainz (Overlord) vs Ghost Rider (Marvel) vs Skull Knight (Berserk)
Voted: Ghost Rider

The cast ruled in favor of Ghost Rider

Poll results
Skeletor 10%
Ainz 17%
Ghost Rider 67%
Skull Knight 10%

Chat poll results
Skeletor 40%
Ainz 18%
Ghost Rider 39%
Skull Knight 3%

The winner of Skeletober Skelebration is Ghost Rider

My thoughts on the entire Skeletober Skelebration tournament concept

After the official break down, I wanna say a few things myself. Characters like Ghost Rider and Skull Knight, I'm glad they made it to this. I knew Ghost Rider was going to be my last vote. I do not have membership to take part in the other private polls. I felt these matches were more interesting than expected.

I don't regret any votes I casted either. Not only that, I gotta mention Skeletor getting added to the final match. The closest thing I recall of a something similar occurred in the story of One Piece. Luffy up to a point was in a tournament while in Dressrosa. Later on, his brother Sabo secretly took his place in the tournament.

The actual point though is most of the final roster warriors won their respective battle royale matches. Then the former warlord Doflamingo added one of his executives, Diamante into the match. Well the cast doing that with Skeletor was virtually the same trick. Up to the final match, poll wises you only have two choices who gets your vote.

Of course, they still ask if you wanna say who you think wins as well as your arguments. The final match has four characters making things kinda interesting, it's a good roster of characters too. Usually they pick alright sometimes bad fights. It's rare when they pick decent ones I actually wanna watch. Obviously, I'm a sucker for skeletons.

If I were to view this as a researcher, I kinda felt my votes mostly on point with the choices. It's no secret, Ghost Rider is one of my absolute favorite supernatural super heroes of all time. Also has the award of Scariest Super Hero. Hell they could've went with a different Ghost Rider character. Chances are I still would've voted Ghost Rider in both matches he or she is in.

As for Skull Knight, about damn time someone else shows respect to him. Skull Knight is one bad ass knight character, I always feel honored watching him work. This guy is truly skilled in his own right. I do think this tournament went perfectly despite things. They picked some rememberable skeleton characters.

Hell they could do it again in the near future, I'll come back for more skeleton fights myself. Podcast shows are known for being somewhat lengthy. Thankfully they used video players you can easily move forward or backwards just fine. Honestly, as a joke I bet some people would love to take place in it. I would love to see Sans, Gravelord Nito and Grim in a redemption match on their show.

They loss against some amazing skeleton characters. Let's be honest, poll wise they got stomped badly. I felt one more chance would be respectable. I also didn't say hey guys you gotta do it this year. No I just would like that to eventually happen. The chances will be quite slim but hey one can hope right? Honestly, I loved the concept as a whole guys.

I did want to directly focus on the podcast itself. I will say that preview for Michael vs Jason looked amazing. Two of them had good costumes during the last episode for this. Not only that, Chad even voices exactly like Skeletor off the classic He-Man show. Honestly, the person dressed up as Ainz now that's a sick costume man.

I had to wait for the conclusion, which so happened to be today. Ghost Rider by one vote from all stuff they determine them from won. I was so happy but also Chad over reaction as Skeletor was priceless. I felt I had a blast considering I only was directly present in the last one. I had a busy month so I couldn't attend the previous podcast show's live streams.

In all honestly, I loved they went out of their way literately going by a statement as a last minute concept. I personally love skeletons this felt like a must watch to me. They do get a bit carried away but you can tell they're all having fun. Otherwise, why even bother doing podcast show right? If it means anything, Skeletor did put up a fair argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment