Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Bonus Halloween Blog #21 Highschool of the Dead anime review

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, I got another classic horror anime show for you today. Sadly this won't include the OVA episode. But I got the rest of it covered. Now here's an horror anime that very quickly got me impressed right at the beginning. Somehow it kept things constant right up to the end. I am here to review Highschool of the Dead.

Highschool of the Dead
The story centers on mostly high school students trying to survive against zombies. I will say some of the obvious stuff right off the bat. Yes, they do allow mature thing including sexual scenes as well. There's a huge body count as well, I know some of you are thinking. "Well yeah it's a zombie show of course there is."

Yeah true to those people but the main characters are surprisingly awesome in this show. We have a nerdy guy whose into guns as well as a woman wielding a black wooden sword. Which is strangely interesting because the last anime I seen with a similar concept character was Outlaw Star. The gore is very satisfying stuff too.

I gotta mentioning the opening theme is so damn good here too. I still often think about this song, even if it's being sung in Japanese. This is one of those short anime shows people really wish had a season 2 situation. I can only discuss the show itself which has twelve episodes. Trust me, when I say in this particular case.

You really want more than that many episodes here. I am not going to say they have a great balance of light moments with truly dark ones. The characters are very rememberable in their own right too. Yes, there's a lot of zombies too. I do like how well this group works together. It's actually mind blowing even in the worst situations they been in.

Highschool of the Dead is like many zombie shows as well as movies. The group has to keep on moving while trying to find supplies. At times, they got to deal with hordes of the undead. I would say the best looking zombies in anime I ever seen hands down. In all honestly, this show is very decent stuff. Of course, you also got to expect the unexpected with stuff like this.

Such as they do what they can to wait for assistance or an opportunity to possibly save each other. I am not going to lie, these ladies are very attractive. But as a married man, I always prefer my wife. Highschool of the Dead is something truly special from the very moment you start watching. There's plenty of twists that happens during the story.

I also like how each character stands out in some way. It also had the single most unexpected opening line I ever heard in any anime show. I originally went in years ago, right away that first line caught me completely off guard. I really didn't expect the main character to say anything like that right off the bat. It was more of something you would've expected a little longer than that.

This show is mind blowing in how it delivers. This felt like one of the very best horror anime shows I have ever seen period. Not only that, I don't have much criticism other than I wish there were more episodes. Even if I could discuss the OVA, it's just one episode. Which still isn't enough to satisfy us fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment