Sunday, October 30, 2022

Bonus Halloween Blog #47 My favorite slasher villains in horror

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, I think it's time to reveal all the slasher villains I'm a huge fan of. Enough to wanna check out anything they're in. Yes I'm also talking about fan stuff including fan films. Keep in mind, all of these are my opinion. Your favorites could be very different from mine. Hell, you may not be a fan of slasher films at all which is okay.

Before I actually start revealing my favorite killers within horror movies. I want to do an honorable mention section. I know some of these characters are very likely on a lot of people's lists. Don't be too surprised your favorites doesn't appear on the list I'm presenting here. Now I got that out of the way, I will quickly discuss my honorable mentions among slasher villains.

1. Michael Myers from Halloween series
I'm also a huge fan of Michael Myers. I just felt some people doesn't know how to use him properly.

2. Jason Voorhees from Friday the 13th series
Jason is a similar situation to Myers but I also love watching him work too. Just the story itself doesn't usually involve Jason in ways that's kinda interesting.

3. Candyman from Candyman series
I'm not racist, I just never been a huge fan of Candyman. I do see how a ghost with bees as well as hooked hand could be scary to some people.

4. Leatherface from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre series
Leatherface is in the same boat as Myers & Voorhees. But I only liked a handful of his movies. So I never been crazy about Leatherface.

I will confess my favorite versions are The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 and remake series respectively.

5. Chucky from Child's Play remake
Chucky is a very different character from the original franchise counterpart. He does work amazing well with actor Mark Hamill doing the voice. I just felt in all honestly, I simply preferred the original Chucky more.

6. Captain Spaulding from Firefly series
I confessed I'm a huge Captain Spaulding fan. The character whose among one of the leaders within the family. He doesn't get as much into the action as some family members do. I still say the first two movies made him truly rememberable.

Alright let's go through my list of favorite slasher villains of all time.

1. The Tall Man from Phantasm series
Such an interesting yet unique character. I don't even know what to exactly classified him as. He has an undead army with some interesting abilities. Not to mention, he can come right back after he dies. You know you're dealing with something truly evil. He was a major result why orbs became so scary to people.

2. Blade from Puppet Master series
Blade was popular enough to get his own spin off movie. I always loved Blade since I gotten into the franchise. Sure, there's a couple interesting characters that Blade works with. But Blade not only works amazingly well. He often takes part in most of the big moments within the franchise. He appears almost like a skeleton or a pale small man with two different blade weapons for hands.

3. The Djinn from Wishmaster series
Now we're in for some truly horrific stuff. The Djinn is an evil demonic genie that twists wishes into killing people. Let's just say he is rather creative in delivering punishment to people. Of course, there's some limitations but The Djinn is a truly terrifying magical being. Even angels has trouble fighting this being.

The Djinn is technically limited for what he can do within every wish. But crazier the wish is, the more ridiculousness comes out. For example, a man wished to never be born or forced a lawyer to go screw himself. Yes folks that actually happened in Wishmaster 2. The Djinn is a very twisted being, you have to be extremely careful what you say because it may end up killing you.

4. Art the Clown from Terrifier series
The most recent slasher villain on this line up. Of course, I gotta talk about Art the Clown. He originally appeared in All Hallows' Eve 1 before Terrifier. This clown is one of the most mess up slasher villains I have ever seen. There's no such thing as a quick death for this guy. He wants to enjoy making his victims suffer badly.

5. Pinhead from Hellraiser series
Yes I confess a lot of Hellraiser movies aren't great. Some weren't even originally Hellraiser films. Despite that, most of the character's appearances still works well enough. I even respected the new take on the character whose portrayed by an trans actress. Her performance including the appearance was done incredibly well.

My favorite Pinhead character is still Captain Elliot Spencer. Mostly portrayed by actor Doug Bradley. Also these movies can be quite difficult to watch at times.

6. The Leprechaun from Leprechaun series excluding Leprechaun: Origins
I know a lot of people can be rather mixed on the character. I also know a lot of people including myself loves The Leprechaun. Honestly, it strangely appealing with some humor thrown in. Even watching the creature getting nasty with people, you are more curious what's about to happen. I felt this character even it's technically different leprechauns is quite rememberable.

7. Ghostface from Scream series
Including Scream: Resurrection aka Season 3 on Scream show. A lot of people shared the persona Ghostface. The very concept the killers are dangerous close friends or family is terrifying. I do like how the persona goes about taunting people. Most people who shared the persona are well aware how horror movies works.

8. Pennywise from IT series
One of Stephen King's scariest characters, Pennywise is truly unique. Pennywise plays heavily off of fear from it's victims. Even to the point, he can shape shift into those fears. Pennywise is a powerful being that secretly terrorizes a town for a long time. I felt the character has the potential for more interesting stories.

9. Chucky from Child's Play/Chucky series
Including Chucky show, Chucky is hands down among my top favorites for slasher villains. I really enjoy the character even in the famous crossover commercial with Myers. Chucky is interesting as well as entertaining as hell. Not only that, the stories he's in are usually well written for the most part. Chucky is one I could easily rewatch for hours.

10. Freddy from A Nightmare on Elm Street series
This might not be a huge surprise to some people. My all time favorite slasher villains in horror movies is Freddy Krueger. There's just something about a vengeful murder ghost that stalks people in their dreams. Not only that, Freddy is such a rememberable character too. Like Pennywise, he too can take advantage of his victim's fears to his advantage.

Freddy is very broken within the dream world itself. Yes it's debatable which powers Freddy maintains outside the dream world. I even liked Freddy from Wes Craven's New Nightmare. Which was essentially Freddy's dark side directly terrorizing people who made the films. He even held his own against Jason in a movie that led to two comic book sequels as well.

Yes I'm also aware about Freddy's Nightmares show too. Which had some similarities to Tales from the Crypt show. I also love a lot of cameos including his Walking Dead zombie cameo. Freddy has exactly what he needs to always be refreshing. I still felt A Nightmare on Elm Street 3 was him at his scariest to date.

Conclusion
Yeah I confessed some of my favorite slasher villains has been in not great movies. Characters like Pinhead, Freddy, The Leprechaun, The Djinn and Pennywise can be the stuff of nightmares. I even considered Death from Final Destination series for this. But I went against it since technically those aren't slasher films.

Chucky can split his soul into multiple doll bodies can be scary for some people too. The concept behind Ghostface alone makes the persona terrifying. The Tall Man and Blade are very interesting characters to me. I do like some variety in how they go about things. Art is easily among the most violent with Pinhead respectively.

Honestly, I always held a special connection to horror movies for a long time. I felt this was a long time coming. I know some of these characters aren't for everyone. You are very welcome to comment your own lists of favorites. All I ask if you do is please don't be a prick about it otherwise your comments will be deleted.

No comments:

Post a Comment