Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Bonus Halloween Blog #10 Showing my respect to AVGN Halloween episodes

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, you already know one of my absolute favorite web shows is The Angry Video Game Nerd. I usually look forward to the show's Halloween episodes. I will say talking about all of them currently does fits in with my vision of Halloween as a whole. I figured, I wanted to show my proper respect to the youtuber James Rolfe by discussing these Halloween episodes.

I don't wanna do it from first Halloween episode to recent angle. I felt majority of them are well made for their time. Rolfe does get rather creative with these episodes. He even done a twisted take on The Berenstain Bears. Some Halloween episodes didn't technically air in the month of October. Like Fester's Quest & some Castlevania episodes respectively.

To clarify, some of the dates you'll see on websites comes from GameTrailers as well. I figured that might help any confusion with those in earlier seasons of the show.

He covers a lot of franchises it's a long list. I would say he made Texas Chainsaw Massacre into something I could rewatch. I never was crazy about the franchise but I do like some of the movies. Stuff like Halloween & A Nightmare on Elm Street episodes was better than some of their movies. I felt one of the craziest Halloween episodes is Dracula because he covers a lot of games here.

Some Halloween episodes covers one game but trust me he makes those reviews very entertaining. Of course, he's done Resident Evil Survivor. Many of you know I'm a huge RE fan this wasn't even close to the worst RE game ever made. He later reviews Countdown Vampires, the biggest RE rip off game ever. Yeah imagine that both those games were on PS1 too.

I still felt the biggest line up in terms of a few Halloween episodes within a year was Castlevania series. This came off being the most personal for Rolfe. The Immortal was done in one continuous take. He even done an episode on Polybius. The famous video game story about an arcade cabinet that alters people's minds.

Dark Castle was easily one of the most painful to watch. He reviews two versions of the same game, both were very bad stuff for their respective consoles. I also really enjoyed Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Revisited episode, the game itself was Rolfe's most hated game ever. I felt this was the perfect way of reviewing the game.

His friend Mike helps in some of these episodes back when he worked for Cinemassacre. Now he's a video game streamer on a few websites. I should point out in Never Sleep Again: The Street Legacy, Rolfe got interviewed as well as his A Nightmare on Elm Street episode made it to one of the DVDs. I also liked the more recent Jason & Freddy episode that also covered other franchises like Evil Dead on Commodore 64.

You can tell how much Rolfe loves anything horror. You quickly feel it with each AVGN Halloween episode. Some of actually feel rather refreshing in their own way. Most of them are very rewatchable in my opinion. I felt each Halloween episode will quickly becomes a timeless classic in their own right. You know how you have something truly special that other people could relate to.

Obviously, the official AVGN video games heavily referenced those episodes as well as Monster Madness. Speaking of which, yes Rolfe is doing another Monster Madness this year. It's just a little unpredictable when to expect the videos. Back to this, I strongly felt I can't criticize these because they're all strangely unique in their own right.

All of these Halloween episodes together felt like my vision of Halloween as a whole. There's no such thing as a bad Halloween AVGN episode. I felt some of these episodes have some of the funniest jokes of their respective seasons too. Hell you actually could marathon these episodes on YouTube, still wanna keep on watching.

I felt the ratio for each one fits the general theme he was going for. But also his unique humor somehow made something familiar into something very refreshing. Rolfe really doesn't hold back on those episodes. You don't even feel a single bad game didn't get enough punishment from The Nerd. I highly recommend this Halloween episodes for a great time especially with friends as well as family.

No comments:

Post a Comment