Friday, October 28, 2022

Bonus Halloween Blog #39 Frankenhooker (1990)

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, I will be honest this following movie. I actually found out about during Cinemassacre's Monster Madness X. A quick reminder, this one had several different themes on particular days. More directly Franken-Fridays, where James Rolfe reviews an Frankenstein movie. I confessed I'm a huge fan of the concept.

A quick refresh of all the themes for that Monster Madness marathons down below...

Modern Mondays

Top Ten Tuesdays

WTF Wednesdays

Blood-Thirsty Thursdays

Franken-Fridays

Weekend Whatevers


Franken-Fridays line up of film reviews

Frankenhooker (1990)

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (1994)

Frankenstein Meets the Space Monster (1965)

Victor Frankenstein (2015)


Frankenhooker (1990)

The story centers on a crazy scientist who builds Frankenhooker from deceased hooker body parts. Obviously, this is a parody of the novel Frankenstein. I confessed during that Monster Madness marathon, I went out of my way to watch every movie for Franken-Fridays. There's some mess up moments in this movie.

Also I felt I needed something a little unexpected within not completed line up of Halloween blog marathon I'm currently writing. Frankenhooker involves women that gets killed. Just mostly done indirectly like an accident or not knowing it wasn't drugs. Which actually caused a couple ladies to get blown up.

I don't think the writer understands the concept of hookers. You are suppose to screw em not have them blown themselves off lol. Of course, a man they work for starts getting unpleasant to Jeffrey. Let's just say in a mess up way, he gets his missing ladies back. I actually liked Frankenhooker character herself. She is just strangely interesting to watch.

This movie greatly reminds me of another similar horror film series called Re-Animator. Which are more serious, disgusting in comparison. Obviously, both of them are heavily inspired by Frankenstein novel. Most people rather stick with doing the creature similar to the story it's based on. Here, let's make a female one out of dead hookers.

Frankenhooker is proof the 90s had some of the most out there concepts imaginable. Some of which wouldn't even fly today. The movie is quite unexpected in a few ways. I will say it's not among my favorite 1990 horror films. But you can still have a fun time watching this. Remember you aren't suppose to take the movie seriously.

Honestly, how the deceased body parts were taken was vastly different from the novel. In most versions of the story, Igor grave robs for them. Here, the body parts are recently deceased hookers they ended up killing themselves. It's almost like they gave up their life for pleasure regarding drugs. The actual scene women blew up close by each other was mind blowing.

In the end, Jeffrey gets his head attached to another body. Which is the second most mess figure in the movie. The most difficult to imagine doesn't even look like a person at all. It's more of a couple female limbs than anything else, I'm not kidding. Frankenhooker is a movie you should check out if you want something different.

Oh wait I'm not done yet. I figured since I did mentioned how I found out about the actual movie. I should do a quick Top 4 Franken-Fridays movies from those he reviewed in that Monster Madness marathon. Keep in mind, this following ranking is strictly mine alone.

4. Frankenstein Meets the Space Monster

3. Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

2. Frankenhooker

1. Victor Frankenstein

I will directly confirm Frankenstein Meets the Space Monster isn't technically an Frankenstein movie. So I felt kinda mixed while I was watching the movie for myself. Victor Frankenstein is hands down the best Frankenstein movie he reviewed there. Frankenhooker is a decent second best that's strangely rememberable in it's own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment