Sunday, October 4, 2026

My Thoughts on Death Battle: Shadow vs Mewtwo rematch

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, I took a lot of extra time to cover this particular topic. I did wait a little over an decade for the web show Death Battle. To do a particular rematch which covers most of my marriage funny enough. The original version was among my most hated episodes of the show. Of course, I had to reveal my thoughts on the newer version.

Death Battle: Shadow vs Mewtwo rematch (2026)

I will start by saying this version is a lot better!!! Sure I did technically wait longer for Master Chief vs Doomguy now Doom Slayer rematch. This was among my most wanted rematches for the show. The actual analyze section for both characters is more accurate. The fight animation itself was way better there's no questioning that!!!

The results ended up being a little more interesting than I thought. I knew Sonic X Shadow Generations going to play a huge role in their research. Just like the original version, I still think Shadow would win. I actually like both these characters myself. Shadow my favorite Sonic character since Sonic Adventure 2. I personally found the character quite interesting over the years.

Again Keenu Reeves absolutely nailed him in Sonic 3 movie. Not only this felt more accurate but also notably more consistent. The original episode unfortunately was a victim of getting rushed out. Which isn't a problem anymore since it became an indie web show. The fight song is up there among the fight songs of the season.

To be honest, I still questioning how exactly they pick the lineup? We gotten two episodes with Chainsaw Man that I heavily enjoyed a lot. I would say easily one of the best fight animations of the season. In a way being the last Death Battle episode before I moved out of my home state. Indirectly further made it a more special episode for me.

I also felt they absolutely nailed Shadow incredibly well. I even felt this is better than Shadow vs Ryuko. I still heavily enjoyed Shadow vs Vegeta a lot though. I felt it was a decent length episode for such a rematch. I felt most Goku vs Superman episodes were a little too long. Shadow vs Mewtwo was even featured on a particular poll from kickstarters.

Sure the winner of that poll was Master Chief vs Doom Slayer. Which would've been my number choice at that time. Shadow vs Mewtwo easily would've been my second vote. In a few ways, I enjoyed this rematch more than that. It was a notably closer match up that heavily impacted things. But also they indirectly publicly confessed they were wrong!!!

I know for both Ryu vs Jin and Hulk vs Broly. They publicly confessed those were wrong. Somehow it just hits different through this rematch episode. You have two strikingly similar characters even if some aspects occurred through compositing a few versions together. I still felt they are quite different in plenty of ways.

I'm quite happy Shadow this time around. Even I must confess even as a Sonic fan. They should start distancing episodes with Sonic characters. Both the episodes we gotten this season with Sonic characters been really awesome!!! It's starting to get to a point there's plenty other franchises!!! For what it is I had a lot of fun watching the episode during it's live premiere.

I also liked they chosen to do the rematch in 3D animation instead of sprites. Personally I felt that better represented both the characters. Easily among my favorite rematch episodes to date. Now Shadow has two wins and two losses on the show. Who knows if Shadow could return in the near future? What I do know is this really needed to be done again thank you guys so much!!!

Brief thoughts on Death Battle: Goku vs Saitama

I'm not going to sugar coat things it's incredibly boring!!! We're putting a character with no clear limits against another who constantly breaking limits!!! I really felt Goku has too many critical advantage. Yeah like many people I do believe they're doing this to simply give Goku a win. Indirectly this is Goku vs Superman once again!!!

I also felt the power gap is too massive. I was more into Omni-Man vs Bardock. Which is also guilty of the same thing. Indirectly you also could say that about Vegeta vs Thor. But to be honest that one easily my favorites along with Reverse-Flash vs Goku Black. Both of those were more notably interesting to me.

The fast version if you couldn't wait to hear my thoughts. Yes I am officially siding with Goku here. I never cared for Saitama myself. I already left Dragon Ball franchise for a few reasons. Even I must confess Goku has scary high potential. Yes even for a Shonen protagonist being insanely powerful among them.

Conclusion

I don't plan to share my thoughts on the next episode after it comes out. I highly doubt there's a notable demand to do so. I just hope we aren't doing the bonus episode of Light vs Columbo. Which also so happens to be incredibly boring as well. I do think the season finale going to be a rather fun one to end an season on.

No comments:

Post a Comment