Coyote vs. Acme (2026)
Yes it has some similarities with Who Framed Roger Rabbit? movie to a degree. Two vastly different mix styles movies that had Looney Tunes characters. Both being mostly done in live action with animated portions to a degree. Honestly, in some ways I liked this more. Who didn't wondered for years why Wile kept failing to caught the Road Runner?
The main lawsuit of the movie centers around that concept. We have a lawyer that originally wanted to take the easy way out for cheap victories or less embarrassing defeats. Basically started a coward that gets this fire to continue fighting for a cause he believes in. You can bet working with a Looney Tunes character was quite chaotic.
I actually liked they played off this as a huge cover up by Acme. Of course, Acme thought they could contain everything. Well the ending was clear proof it wasn't. Some Looney Tunes characters gets used in rather unexpected ways. The trailers already revealed Bugs Bunny was a mysterious toon giving inside information.
It's a little weird he's not directly called by his name in the movie. Daffy was actually more looney than normal. Usually something really upsets him to get the character that crazy. Yeah I also gotta mention, the main rival lawyer was played by wrestler John Cena. No surprise he really thought he guarantee victory. Who knew what could've happened following a supreme court session changed everything!!!
Let's just say their celebration was literately cut short by Coyote. I think the rather unexpected changes to several people's lifes was the most amazing aspect. Sure, Coyote secretly planned to use the lawsuit to eat the Road Runner. Somehow, the chaotic stuff he does heavily impacted things like a rebel going against the system.
Yes the Road Runner makes a rather surprise court appearance to defend his friend. This was the single most touching scene in the entire movie. We the viewers knows he's spent decades trying to devour this bird. Yet to the bird himself, viewed all of that was the two playing together. Acme goes to such lengths to cheat it's victories.
The judges were favoring Acme in a rather unfair favoritism. The movie gets good when Coyote's lawyer sets up to help him out. I also loved how they connected everything together. This lawsuit was originally planned to cover one of these failed attempts. Coyote forces the team to cover all of them. I also liked a particular small scene that was rather interesting.
The lawyer goes to check into a hotel along with Coyote. The lady at the desk viewed Coyote as a pet. Then the lawyer lays out the full description of the law. She was forced to give Coyote his own room. This was a precursor to him eventually stepping up. I still haven't revealed the big twist yet. It turns out the reason every single Acme invention Coyote fails was done on purpose.
Each failure on the Looney Tunes characters helps them improve their products for normal humans. Indirectly making all of them their crash dummies. Yes a lot of them were illegally experiment on especially Daffy. Officially they loss the case at two courts. The rebellious nature of Coyote ended up giving them something rather unpleasant.
A lot of Looney Tunes characters decided to sue Acme themselves. Acme's long standing winning streak with some key figures arrested gone. In a rather unexpected way, Coyote did win after all. It reminds me of the ending of Kingpin (1996 film). Where Munson loss the bowling tournament. Yet he still ends up with the money to save his friend Ishmael family's farm.
In this case, they were about to close down. They were quite surprised a lot of those cartoon characters wanted to sue em. This effectively saved them from going out of business. In a way started putting Acme out of business at the same time. Yeah there's a lot of heart within the story it's telling. What's truly mind blowing to me?
A particular CEO at Warner Brothers. Discovery shelved this Looney Tunes movie. Also previously do that to Batgirl and Scoob!: Holiday Haunt respectively. Unlike those, Ketchup Entertainment saved it with another Looney Tunes movie. The Day the Earth Blew up starting Daffy and Porky Pig. Two Looney Tunes movies they saved from Warner Brothers. Discovery.
This originally was going to come out in 2023. I waited three extra years to watch this Looney Tunes movie. I actually felt it was well worth the wait. Coyote is someone to respect with such determination. His lawyer ended up being just like his billboards and commercials labeled him as. I haven't had this much fun watching a court movie since My Cousin Vinny honestly.
I still felt Ted 2 being a similar concept movie with some huge differences still slightly funnier. The case itself was should Ted be considered a person or an object? A huge difference is a huge organization was hiding their involvement. Coyote vs. Acme was a rather satisfying take on the famous question itself. Honestly, I actually wanted more myself.
I doubt they make a follow up. But assuming it could be possible I would welcome the sequel. I just hope it's not Space Jam: A New Legacy. There's a lot of surprises on the way that kept things interesting. It's one of a few major things it had over Who Framed Roger Rabbit? movie. The side characters seem to mattered a bit more as well.
I did want to see Acme try another attempt at getting the Road Runner. They only tried once then gave up. They even used a previously failed attempt by Coyote to still failed getting the bird. Which speaks for itself it was doomed to fail even by Acme themselves. I question the actual quality of their products. Bugs was animated outside CGI to save time animating it.
I also gotta mention the famous they got nothing scene. A huge board that didn't lead to anything being a huge question mark. Sounds about right for a Looney Tunes character lol. It may not do the famous Judge Doom was a toon twist. The movie was heavily about this lawsuit above everything else. More than Eddie trying to solve the case to save Roger Rabbit.
Yes even Taz himself cameos in a scene. I won't go too much into current Disney drama with Jim Cummings. But Cummings should've earned his place there. I also felt he's done a great job voicing Taz here. I also liked the judge hammer joke when he picks which mallet to use during the court session. Obviously the cartoon mallet is notably bigger.
This is a rather interesting take on the David vs Goliath concept. The underdogs still ends up coming out on top despite things. You may lose a few cases it doesn't mean your career over yet. It's a rather serious movie with plenty of light moments. Some occasional darker moments like the experimenting footages.
I hope Acme now knows to not miss with the coyote. He just proven they aren't invincible. The main reason he loss was only he affected by their inventions failing. This further explains all the resulting lawsuits they loss. Just imagine if all of them came together to sue them. It easily would've been much bigger than it already was!!!
Tweety was a manipulated pawn in all of this. I'm not used to seeing him do bad things to people. In a way you kinda felt sorry for him. I also must say the ambitious animation with live action style works amazingly well. I may felt I wished more Looney Tunes characters could've shown up. At the same time, I am glad they didn't shy away from the concept neither loss focus of it's pilot.
I actually felt this was a rather clever written Looney Tunes movie. A solid balance of everything even with it's concept being quite an challenge. I do think they absolutely knocked this out the park!!! There isn't any bad scenes whatsoever. Majority of the scenes felt necessary for the most part. I also liked this lawsuit helped sparked a fire Acme can't put out.
Coyote remains a rather interesting character despite never directly speaking in the entire movie. Similar to Willy's Wonderland with Nicholas Cage doing a similar role. It's proof you may not need a character to have a voice. Sometimes giving these characters the correct reactions to situations speaks much louder words.
Coyote absolutely nails that aspect incredibly well. Another critical difference from Who Framed Roger Rabbit? movie. Obviously Roger can speak while it differs for Wile. Eddie could just ask Roger for stuff while this lawyer constantly gotten his patience tested trying to do the same thing. Eventually the two saw each other as friends.
Even Coyote knew this lawyer shouldn't gave in to Acme from the start. I absolutely loved how Coyote directly insults them against his lawyer's wishes. It's one of those movies you may notice something among every future watch. I felt that aspects is what makes this Looney Tunes movie something special. Honestly, I'm just happy this Looney Tunes movie finally gotten released to the public.
Especially with quite a concept further making me question things at Warner Brothers. Discovery. Now they about to merge with Paramount to make Skydance making more sense. Whoever was in charge really doesn't know what they were doing not sorry!!! This movie really doesn't felt like that at all. Considering their situation, I was quite surprised it ended up being a very decent movie.
The movie gets going the real fun begins. Even the little things goes a rather long way. I also hope this further inspires more of those long standing Looney Tunes questions. To become either shows or movies possibly video games to a degree. This was a rather creative take on the famous question. Obviously there's plenty room to work with.
This Looney Tunes movie was clear proof. This could become a new beginning to those in the near future. It's a rather fun court movie with the right level of complexity. Even considering the loony aspect of it all. The writers kept things both simple yet complex when it needed to be. Which was like performing across high up on a tight rope with no safety net.
In a weird, unexpected way could be seen as a possible spiritual successor to Who Framed Roger Rabbit? movie. Hell a double feature movie feature with these movies is a hell yes!!! Coyote vs. Acme is a movie that knows 1000% exactly what it is!!! It's like a really fun party when the movie gets going. No one wants to leave is a testament of a great movie.
Especially one that almost gotten canceled altogether. Just like the coyote himself, this movie didn't know when to quit up. This is the most Coyote movie I seen to date in a long time. I seen a couple Looney Tunes movies with majority being Bugs and Daffy. This was a movie that deserved to be enjoyed by families around the world.
Coyote vs. Acme is a movie that doesn't hold back. You will see how looney one of these cartoon characters truly is. They picked the right Looney Tunes character for the concept. Deep down, there was still some good in him. Yeah he can be rather selfish at times. Coyote is a surprisingly caring animal that cared for his legal team.
This movie is easily among my favorites of the year. I always enjoyed watching Looney Tunes since childhood. Some scenes really felt like a decent, modern take on them. Honestly, I was deeply impressed how much I ended up loving this Looney Tunes movie. Coyote vs. Acme is a huge recommendation to go see soon especially if you're a fellow Looney Tunes fan.
No comments:
Post a Comment