Wednesday, May 10, 2023

My thoughts on the new update in Saints Row reboot

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, yesterday we gotten a massive free update to Saints Row reboot. But the dlc missions which is paid dlc got delayed. Thankfully, a little earlier this morning I played em. I'm going to give my thoughts what I think about these changes as well as those missions. I will spoil it isn't the best dlc mission pack.

First let's talk about the insane amount of fixing or revamping mechanics of the game itself. I mostly will be focusing on an issue most didn't like prior to this update. A lot of people felt enemies were virtually bullet sponges taking a lot of ammo to put down. Now several aspects of combat is made to be a more enjoyable experience.

There's some technical issues, I had a glitch late into the last dlc mission that prevents two characters moving. Thankfully after I continued that no longer was a problem. I actually loved the new district a lot. I just wish there was more to do, it was so small. I quickly got that district done, no I didn't watch anyone prior.

I virtually went in blind, same with the dlc missions. Yes let's talk about them, there's three missions like How The Saints Saved Christmas, Gangstas in Space or The Trouble with Clones. Honestly this was a huge letdown in comparison to those. You start with an dlc Wanted mission. It ends with a movie star named Chris Hardy whose has no relations to the Hardy brothers in wrestling lol.

The second mission kinda felt like an mission you may do in some Assassin's Creed games. You have to carefully follow the target, Hardy in this case. You have to avoid or quietly take out some of his body guards. You'll need your camera to scan his face as well as voice. Thankfully I done this mission with no problem.

The last mission had some interesting surprises. Like the Saints used a movie of Hardy's against them. Then they surprised him and Marshall with a plot of another movie. All of a sudden, they used movie plots against each other. It sorta reminds me of a particular scene in Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey. Where both the heroes and the main antagonist plays this game ultimately rigged by the heroes themselves.

Seriously I don't have a lot to compare the weird logic to. Surprisingly, all these dlc missions are actually shorter than they usually are. Even considering those in Saints Row 2. But even those dlc missions had a real challenge to them. This is more or less you'll quickly memorize things then rip right through it. They do throw a lot of enemies at you.

I am going to be honest I did expect a little more than this. I hope the next two major upcoming updates might be better than this. It wasn't a good start in an attempt to bring people back. If anything, it might've caused more people to leave the game. There's a new handful of new stuff but the cosmetics is a notably bigger amount.

I do like the new helicopter myself. The new gun that fires a chained weight at people I'm not sure about. I prefer dual wielding the boxing glove guns way more. It is a shame the good is quickly pushed away by these set backs. Even if it were done better, I still don't think it's enough to bring people back. I am going to be brutally honest, both Postal 2 and 4 respectively had great recent updates.

There's no comparison especially in P2's case with Two Weeks in Paradise mode. All the levels including Postal 2: Paradise Lost in a single run is very impressive. I'm sure they will make some more changes. I do like the new HQ but I already preferred the ones I gotten. Some might compare this to a particular HQ you get in GTA: San Andreas with some similarities to boot.

I'm not saying Saints Row just ripped off GTA but it kinda seems like that. I will say the game itself has a lot of revamping. Personally, they need to improve the customization screen. They also need to look into more interesting outfits that could be added to the game. Maybe get the community involved might renew interest in your game guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment