Thursday, January 6, 2022

Jack Red reviews One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 (Steam)

Hello everyone I'm Jack Red aka XboxClown89, today I will be reviewing a particular licensed game I always wanted to play. I finally got a golden opportunity during late 2021 to score this with Jump Force. Also within the same deal, One Piece: World Seeker. Which will get it's own review as well a revisit review on Jump Force since it's the Steam version with dlcs I missed out on.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 is a follow up to One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3. Another truly amazing One Piece game indeed. I didn't think they would push the limits as much as this. There's stages so filled with enemies that isn't much gaps between you or them at times. They greatly improved the upgrade system that also has separation sections for that character.

Yes this game is very replayable with Free Log letting you play who ever you want on any stage. There's a few chapters with the last one being an original one taking place in Wano. Honestly, I'm deeply impressed they gave us a game so faithful to it's source material. I really don't think not even could top this I'm not kidding.

There's a lot more playable characters from the previous entry. Of course, some old story while focusing on different sections at times to change it up. The bosses is mostly fair with a handful being surprisingly cheap at times. This is a long but very satisfying game. I would even say this is one of the very best licensed games I ever played period.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 is truly mind blowing. You get exactly what you want especially if you're a fellow One Piece fan. This game doesn't only scream it very loud, even one breath comes a roar. I'm not going to lie, this game is beautifully designed in every category. I did have some issues with the camera in game.

Despite not being able to use my controller, the keyboard controls worked incredibly well. So this was a minor issue compared to some One Piece games I owned on Steam. I can't even praise this game enough. It does everything very right with even it's big flaws aren't really that big at all. What I am saying for me this comes as close to being the perfect One Piece game imaginable.

You also got to buy dlcs but thankfully you got a few ways doing that. It's not as big in terms of adding more what if stories like in the previous entry. But you get even more characters you kinda want to play. It is surprisingly well balance mostly fair level of challenge. I felt when I loss, I loss on my own not because of how flawed the game was.

Oh wait that would be the opposite for Jump Force, yeah you might want to hear me out on that newer review soon. Back to this, This felt like a true love letter to the fans. I hope this very team gets to make one long entry covering the entire manga. Which by itself is a very tall order. But considering most entries are well received, I bet it will be well worth the wait.

Honestly, this game is really that damn good. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 is in every sense of the word. One of the absolutely greatest anime games I ever period. To clarify, there isn't many that followed under the same category like Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3. I highly recommend this game especially to fellow One Piece fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment