Sunday, August 8, 2021

My thoughts on Back 4 Blood beta campaign side of it

 Hello everyone I'm Jack Red or more commonly known in Resident Evil: Resistance community as XboxClown89. Before I even get to today's blog, yes I haven't been writing any blogs for a few months. Truthfully I been more busy than usual. It doesn't mean I didn't have ideas during that period. Thanks to a few friends, I actually got something recent to discuss.

If you are familiar with Left 4 Dead series. The team separated from Valve to make it's spiritual successor, Back 4 Blood. I was hearing great things about this beta, I had to give it a try. Don't expect me to talk about the versus since I used up my key for the campaign. Yes I could get another key before tomorrow. But discussing multiplayer in games isn't my strong suit.

Back 4 Blood has a lot of similarities from Left 4 Dead series. Both involves a group of survivors facing hordes of zombies in many locations. There are zombies that stands out you have to put more effort into killing. Thankfully, there's more unique aspects than ever before. There isn't technically an main menu because it's one of those explore to find those options games.

Yeah just imagine getting there to be like what is this? Trust me, it is refreshing for a game like this. Not only that, more in depth with how it works. You can get cards to better your chances in some way. You actually can improve them by getting more of that card. You also can upgrade your guns from time to time.

Most stages ends just like Left 4 Dead series. This one campaign felt like two maybe three L4D campaigns rolled into one. There's so many zombies, I felt some hordes could have well more zombies. I do want to point out the AI for the survivors is horrible. I had an AI survivor kept leaving outside the safe room.

They don't even open doors, last I checked in Left 4 Dead series AI survivors do. So why not here is beyond me? The game itself looks absolutely amazing. The audio is very good with some great lines. The maps are interesting for the most part. I felt the team is making something worth playing with other people.

You also do have the option if there's an AI survivor after you die to become that character. But if someone joins the game, you'll go back to your old character. I had a lot of fun playing this campaign. Oh yeah to even get an key for this. You'll need to watch any stream giving out keys for an hour. Make sure you have an Warner Bros. Game account.

Also yes they do give you the option which platform you want. This game will be cross over from the start. Something Dead by Daylight didn't have. Honestly, this might be actual competition for them. I do think this alone is going to be fun either watching or playing it. Back 4 Blood to me quickly sold me on it after I got started.

As of right now, it is not just on my list of games I want to get. It is very high up that said list. I do want to play more of this. This is like Left 4 Dead evolved into something truly amazing. Something the world might be ready to see. Back 4 Blood is going to be an amazing game. Honestly, I felt the team is knocking it out the park with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment