Thursday, June 10, 2021

Jack Red reviews Resident Evil Village

 Hello everyone I'm Jack Red, I wanted to point out I'm only reviewing the main game for now. I do plan on coming back to talk about The Mercenaries and DLCs. For the present, I already got my hands full of this greatness. I am not going to lie, this game is truly amazing. Easily one of the finest Resident Evil games I have ever had the pleasure of playing.

Resident Evil Village is essentially Resident Evil 8. Although, parts of it's theme is strikingly similar to Van Helsing, Castlevania and a few other things. You play as Ethan Winters, yes the same guy from the main campaign of RE7 to search for his daughter. This does have some strong similarities to RE4 in a lot of ways.

You hunt down the four lords of this village. Which kinda like in Mega Man series, you hunt the main enemy group before taking on their leader. I will try not to spoil too much in my review. I will confirm this is way better than both RE7 and RE3 Remake. I still personally think RE2 Remake is better. But not by much, this game really brought it.

Resident Evil Village has werewolves that are this game's Hunters in a sense. I also liked each major section has their own theme to help differ them from each other. I also loved you can explore most of the time to get more supplies, money and other cool things. Yes, the campaign is notably longer than RE7's. I felt the characters this time around are very rememberable.

Ever since RE4, we finally have a worthy competitor for the best inventory of the series. I absolutely loved how much stuff you can stock up in this. You also get great maps that takes some time to memorize. The boss fights are more amazing stuff this time around. My favorite being Heisenberg's, wow that was insane.

There's a lot of additional stuff to get after you unlock em. Which includes most weapons can become infinite. I really felt everything works beautifully with this game. This is worthy of a main series RE game without question. This is how you made a long RE game yet keeps you going for hours without burning out.

Some would say this is how RE6 should've been done lol. Ethan feels more important to the plot than he previously did. I do like we not only have more puzzles. Some of them are some of the finest more recently as well. Of course, I have to talk about our merchant himself The Duke. This guy when I originally saw him from trailers didn't know what to think of him.

He quickly grew on me like the merchant in RE4. I would even say I might actually like this guy more. He is funny in his own unexpected way. He does have a line referring that merchant too. This feature is beautifully done here. Resident Evil Village is what many would consider to be perfection. This is not only an Resident Evil game but also one you can't confuse with anything else.

This game is in all honesty very good easily around 9.5 where it stands. Keep in mind, I still haven't got to play The Mercenaries with no modes got added through DLCs yet. So you know this game can hold it's own without those. I would even dare to say this game is how you should make a sequel properly. They took what made RE7 a success than added the right touches to make it even better than ever before.

I honestly don't have any real problems with this game. I loved everything about this game. They went out of their way taking major risks yet somehow pulled it off. I am deeply very impressed with their work. Resident Evil Village is likely going to win several Game of the Year awards. I wouldn't be more surprised than it got more than both RE7 and RE2 Remake combined.

Resident Evil Village is something you shouldn't take people's word to wanna try. You should go straight in & enjoy yourself. Trust me, you won't regret it. This game will keep you busy while keeping it unique. This is how you properly updated an classic survivor horror franchise to modern standards. This will blow people away even before they get to press the start button, it's really that damn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment