Saturday, May 29, 2021

My thoughts on Dead by Daylight Resident Evil Chapter

 Hello everyone I'm Jack Red, sorry due to something personal on my end. I took a little longer than expected. I can promise you that I got a lot to say about the announcement trailer as well as game play footage. Many of you already know I'm a huge Resident Evil fan. You likely knew this was coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PeJ_fEfMdk

This video was my final guesses prior to the official announcement. As you can see I did call Leon & Nemesis was coming to the game. I also did predict two survivors was coming as well. There's a chance I also predicted some of the Legacy outfits coming to the game as well. Honestly, I am very happy with their choices here.

They chose two great survivor characters with one of the finest villain characters from the franchise. I felt most of the new perks would make the game more interesting. I do like Nemesis can use his tentacle or fist during matches. I actually loved his mori in the game, one of my favorites among licensed killer characters.

The new map was a great choice. It might be a little too big for some people though. Based on what I seen, it's way better than Silent Hill's map. I also liked Nemesis has zombies to help him out. In a weird way it's like The Twins. Except you can't control the zombies at all. Not a problem in Resident Evil: Resistance.

I felt they done an amazing job bringing Resident Evil to their universe. Sadly by doing so, it does limit some possibilities since two of the biggest horror game franchises are now present. Keep in mind, most DbD fans didn't even know Silent Hill series at the time of that chapter's announcement. This is a huge year for Resident Evil series.

Even if this turned out to be the only licensed chapter of the year. They already added a new licensed costume set for a few killers. Which is more than last year's. Honestly I am excited to give all three of them a try in the near future. I still don't think Jill or Nemesis will be as fun as in Resistance though.

I do think this is one of the best chapters in the game without question. Dead by Daylight quickly became one of the biggest horror games in the world just a few years alone. I may be very upset Silent Hill now cross over with Resident Evil officially because of them. But I did felt both of them in their own right does deserve to be there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment