Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Jack Red reviews X-Men Arcade

Hi everyone this is Jack Red, I am proud to review one of the best X-Men games ever made. X-Men was one of two things that came out of the unsuccessful pilot X-Men: Pryde of the X-Men release in the early 90s. The other actually was the good cartoon of my child hood that I still love today. Another interesting fact is Konami made two Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles games with one Simpsons game. This game went many years not being ported until just recently by their own company.

This is slightly better than the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade which I also own my Xbox 360. In terms of getting achievements it was one of the easiest games for me for a couple of reasons. Despite which difficulty you are playing there are unlimited continues which is awesome for a game like this. They took a page from the awtiful remake of Turtles in Time by Ubisoft of it's level selection. It works really well here though it can take you a while to know which levels goes where. It has the most bosses of any licensed Konami games I ever played.

You can play as six characters similar to the fucking horrible The Uncanny X-Men on NES. Unlike that mess each characters does play different even with their special moves. A common thing in beat em ups is sometimes you do a special in change of losing some health. That is fine as long you can keep playing so that doesn't even matter to me. Another cool thing is you can actually play the Japanese version. There isn't much different like playing Crazy Taxi Arcade and Original modes.

The music is one of the best things I can say about this game. Until now I only owned one good X-Men on the Genesis which was the original. Many years went by to finally found out it had an even better sequel. Anyway back to this I got to say this would be the closest thing to me as my dream X-Men game. One thing you guys are going to learn about me is I have a thing for beat em up games. Point and Click just came out strong so why not a genre that's pretty personal to me.

I thank everyone for reading and I will continue to keep writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment