Sunday, July 24, 2022

Treehouse of Horror discussion

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, you already know I'm a huge Simpsons fan. I recently heard the crazy Treehouse of Horror news. I felt I should talk about it more details here. First, the actual announcement was we're getting two Treehouse of Horror episodes this year. One of them will be a full blown parody of Stephen King's IT.

Ever since Season 2, there's always Treehouse of Horror episodes. This alone became one of the biggest things in all of The Simpsons. We are talking parts of several Simpsons video games. They also made a different holiday spin off episode, Thanksgiving of Horror. There's also Halloween of Horror being the only canon Halloween episode in the show with a brief mention of the Halloween specials.

Treehouse of Horror is filled with creativity. The format originated from several classic horror comic books. A good number of them were recreated through shows & movies over the years. A great example of this is Tales from the Crypt, a show I highly recommend except for the final season. Although the final episode itself being the only good episode of that season.

The Simpsons parodies so many different things through pop culture. It's a very long list from start to finish with the actual list getting longer every year. Treehouse of Horror are virtually among the most popular episodes of the show. Personally if I could, I would scenario. I would list all of them as my number 1 favorite Simpsons episode.

Yes I know that's one long episode lol. I loved how each story is virtually it's own canon. Thus having it's own rules in the process, that's genius as well as surprisingly clever. You can tell I'm very excited about the news. I didn't expect getting two episodes but I did predict since 2019. I knew deep down for years, The Simpsons had to do IT parody eventually, it's finally happening this year.

There also was a Treehouse of Horror game on Game Boy. These specials already been an essential part of Halloween. Just like the Christmas specials & movies for Christmas. We're getting four stories with IT episode breaking a record for the longest story ever told through an Treehouse of Horror episode. It's no secret The Simpsons absolutely loves Halloween.

You actually could make these their own show, people would watch them a lot too. Treehouse of Horror allows the maximum of their creative potential. There is no limits as in regular Simpsons episodes, anything goes here. You got stories that surprisingly works for the most part. Even I confess some stories do fall flat.

There's so much to love with these episodes. The Simpsons fully goes the distance with the jokes. Personally I felt their parody of A Nightmare on Elm Street was way better than 2009 remake movie. Of course the very short story everyone loves with a passion was The Shinning. A great parody of Stephen King's The Shining, this felt like the perfect example how you take something scary then make it hilarious.

Kang and Kodos often became stables through these episodes. They do have a few canon appearances within the show. There's no question classic horror shows like The Twilight Zone was a major inspiration. Treehouse of Horror episodes among a handful of things I look forward to Halloween every ear along with Halloween AVGN episodes.

I felt with their level of creativity, we should get some unexpected surprises in the near future. Kill count very likely going to be a huge number here. If you are actually interested in counting all the deaths across these episodes. Treehouse of Horror isn't afraid to make something not originally horror like The Cat in the Hat parody.

Trust me it's way better than the live action movie with Mike Myers, yes I just said that lol. I could take all day about these Halloween specials. It's a must watch for any Simpsons fan. There's some surprisingly good stories in here with some stinkers. Overall, I would say you aren't living if you aren't watching these.

No comments:

Post a Comment