Monday, September 2, 2019

Jack Red reviews Dumb and Dumber movies

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, Dumb and Dumber was one of my favorite Jim Carrey movies growing up. I figured to cover all three movies. Some of you are probably wondering "Wait there's three movies?" Yes there is but I'm sad to say avoid majority of them in the long run. I will further explain as I review each Dumb and Dumber movie.

1. Dumb and Dumber (1994)

Dumb and Dumber follows two guys that gets involved with illegal stuff. All they wanted to do is return something a lady left behind. Not fully realizing what's going on of course. The best way to explain this is they have half the brain or they have what the other lacks. Like Harry is a nice guy who Lloyd can be a dick.

He isn't as nasty as some characters Carrey played over the years. But he should still be up there for sure. This is one of those classic comedies we just don't get anymore. More recently it been forced over the top humor that attempts to keep pushing it too far. It's kinda sad mostly because of that, some potential movies doesn't get their proper rating thus forced to edit them in a way that could work.

In other words, those who make those comedy movies are jerks that loves pissing people off. I really wish they could focus on some of those of the 90s like Kingpin. Still one of the funniest movies I ever seen to this day. Some of what that had going for it, I'm positive Dumb and Dumber had too. This was a weird role for both actors in many ways.

Two friends that stick together even at the wrong of situations. I won't give much more about how this ends away. I will say this did inspire a cartoon I still haven't seen. This movie was a part of Carrey's prime. One of the most successful Carrey movies ever made. I felt this movie showed us how dumb both of them can truly play lol.

2. Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd (2003)

OMG this has to be one of the absolute worst prequel movies ever made. I am even going as far to say, it's legendary bad guys. Obviously this is more centered around when the two first met during high school. There is no cameos or even involvement from Farrelly brothers aka creators of Dumb and Dumber.

Now you know that you could only imagine how terrible this is going to be but no you can't. They went out of their way to recreate a famous scene from the original movie with Harry. It's like it served a purpose in the original movie while doing it here ruined the joke too much. This movie really is not funny at all.

The actual title is one of the absolute stupidest I ever heard of. Last I checked, dumberer isn't even a word. Yes I know they added an extra er instead of putting something you would expect for a sequel's title. I would never thought of simply putting er in place or 2nd or 2. This movie is incredibly boring in every sense of the word.

The so called big twists are all horrible no matter how you view them. There is absolutely nothing good about the movie. This is an insult to everything Dumb and Dumber stands for. I felt this movie is simply nothing more than to cash in on a old franchise. At least they didn't make a movie into a show or in vice versa for the same reason.

3. Dumb and Dumber TO (2014)

We waited twenty years for a more proper follow up to the classic movie. I know some of you wanted to know if this movie was worth the wait. Personally for me it simply wasn't neither unable to recommend it. I will even go as far to say The Three Stooges movie was more entertaining than this. I might excuse TO in the title unlike er crap.

There are a few surprises including some you will likely miss. Yes both actors reprises their roles again. Both in real time & the movie time line took twenty years. It isn't common movie companies do that. Probably the most recent being Halloween that came out last year. Part to some key facts, this made the prequel movie non canon.

Thank god it deserves to not exist guys. Honestly there are a few good jokes. But you can clearly tell the comedy itself is dated & out of place. I wished with the right rewriting could've made this a bit better. I felt it isn't a good enough sequel to one of the greatest 90s comedy movies. I really was hoping this movie had a few more positives.

They didn't even use Bill Murray that well. Yes one of the absolute comedians of our time himself is in this movie. His role is basically a parody of AMC's Breaking Bad. Speaking of that show, Netflix is getting a spin off movie while it's spin off show Better Call Saul is still going on TV. I felt that role simply doesn't belong in this movie.

Even if they could work it in why would you bothered? Those movies are about two best friends that wants to help someone not fully realizing they're going into deep waters with bad people. Essentially we get a similar yet obvious plot with a slightly different ending. Yes this is also a factor for The Three Stooges movie.

But at least they nailed the characters, actually had some great jokes and their performances was way more notable. Yes I strongly felt a Three Stooges movie was way better than this. Honestly I just wished for more in the right places. It is just sad we got such a mess here. I really wish this could've been a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment