Wednesday, July 31, 2024

My thoughts on Dead by Daylight's 2v8 mode

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, Over this past weekend I got to try out Dead by Daylight's 2v8 mode. I forgot a change on Xbox's part. I ended up playing a lot of matches through the Steam version. I didn't owned but I was able to play because they were doing free weekend. Which meant I was restarting everything from scratch while taking part in the new mode.

It's a short playlist of my best matches

I actually got a lot of positives as well as negatives I wanna discuss. Let's talk about the good first. This mode was easily the most fun I ever had in the game. They made several notable changes to the game play that works surprisingly well. Like the killers no longer has to pick up the survivors to hang em on hooks.

Instead you simply sent em to the cages like a particular state Pyramid Head gives survivors. If they have that state while getting downed, he can send em to cages. But here the killers doesn't see where the cages over like survivor's auras. I confess I done majority of matches without teaming up. I also didn't have a solid way to communicate to most partners I had either.

The playlist linked above has my best two matches with those conditions. One of which is easily my greatest Trapper match ever!!! Instead of your usual perks, both sides has a particular skill set system. You get up to four different ways to play the game. I didn't try the survivor portion of this mode.

The survivors didn't limit any characters as far I'm aware of. Only five killers are selectable in this mode. I kinda felt a bit handicapped but mostly fine with majority of them. There's a handful of maps that's fine for the most part. I just wish some of the more complex maps made it into the mode.

This mode was truly amazing in what it pulled off. This felt like two matches at the same time as killer. The increased number of survivors helps to push you to do better. They also increased the number of hatches from one to three for fairness. In the beginning, it felt more balanced than when I left it again.

Now let's talk about the not great stuff. There's some notable bugs they need to fix if this mode returns. Also the gen rushing from survivor players is getting ridiculous. It's simply ruins the game, I actually left the game over this on my last day playing the mode. Another notable problem is survivors could be more broken at times too.

In terms of trying to keep up with em in chases among other things. I really don't like this is briefly in the game. This was a mode people requested for years, this is how you treat your fans? This isn't paid dlc which is a good thing. But it usually comes off as being forced. They had a notably shorter preparation period to put this mode into the game than normal.

Not only that, I wish their selection of the killers was slightly better. I do get why none of the licensed killers showed up. In fact, it's possible this would've been even shorter had they been included as well. If you are new to this game don't play as a killer in this mode. You will quickly regret every single minute of it.

2v8 mode isn't better to me than Killer Klowns's 3v7 matches. Which that game had by default!!! It's also pails in comparison to Puppet Master's Puppet Wars, it's not even close as fun. I even had more notable fun as Mastermind in Resident Evil: Resistance too. Honestly, this mode should stay in the game with much needed balancing to keep it fun.

Gen rushing was already bad in regular matches. The fact it gotten so bad in 2v8 mode that convinced me to stop playing early is quite sad indeed. I really tried to keep on playing but I didn't wanna punishment myself anymore. For the record, Behaviour you really should listen to your fans more.

No comments:

Post a Comment