Saturday, July 6, 2024

Another huge Limited Run Games request

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, I forgotten a particular sports series I grew up with. A forgotten boxing series that had guest characters. Also not to be confused with Ready to Rumble movie, that's a wrestling movie. I am going to openly throw out Ready 2 Rumble Boxing series excluding the the third & final game that killed the franchise.

Update: It turns out I also had Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2 on N64 as well my mistake.

Ready 2 Rumble Boxing was on many platforms. I had Ready 2 Rumble Boxing on PS1 as a kid. More recently I gotten the N64 version. I had Ready 2 Rumble: Round 2 on Sega Dreamcast as well as GBA. Obviously I was more into the franchise then I realized. If you know the sport, I don't have much to explain.

Like Nintendo's Punch-Out!! series, Ready 2 Rumble had personality. We even had the legendary announcer Michael Buffer too. He's later playable in his Hulk form as Rumbleman. I previously mentioned the guest characters, you might not be expecting some or any of these celebrities. We have former President Clinton with his wife Hilary.

We also have the late musician Michael Jackson. He had limited involvement with Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2. Shaquille O'Neal in the house!!! They even made a weird boxing machine a character too. There's a few modes to play that's expected from your typical boxing game experience.

I always enjoyed the audio especially the music. The controls can differ between versions. I confess boxing is one of my favorite sports. Yes I heard about Mike Tyson vs Jake Paul, Tyson going to destroy Paul badly. You have a meter that works very similar to a feature in Mortal Kombat Trilogy.

When the words are full, you can go berserk on your opponents. You even can sent them flying out the ring too. You instantly win if you do that in matches. I also liked you can see the characters get their faces damaged as the matches goes on. This was before Mortal Kombat series started to do that.

Speaking of Mortal Kombat series, Midway Games were responsible for two of the three games. Midway was going through desperation times at this point. So it's mind blowing both of these are a hit. Ready 2 Rumble Boxing has a appeal people can relate to. A good selection of characters excluding guest characters.

I usually don't play boxing games, I haven't since Wii Sports through it's boxing portion years ago. Which was my favorite boxing game in terms of the controls. It just wasn't quite the same as playing these boxing games. Hey Limited Run Games, this is one of my huge compilation game ideas.

Please bring Ready 2 Rumble Boxing series back someday, I would greatly appreciate it. I kinda felt bad I forgotten this franchise from a previous blog entry. Especially with everything both these games does right. It does bag the question with a lot of newer boxing games not great. When will boxing games like these come back to show how it's done?

No comments:

Post a Comment