Friday, July 26, 2024

My thoughts on Mortal Kombat 1 Kombat Pack 2

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, during trying out Dead by Daylight's 2v8 mode. Which I'll talk about very soon here. Mortal Kombat announced the second Kombat Pack for Mortal Kombat 1. I will be honest, I kept noticing the leaks, I'm just surprised one or two guest characters showed up. Clearly I got a lot to talk about.

Not to add salt the guest characters for the first Kombat Pack is mostly meh. I will respect them going for Omni-Man, the only one I liked among em. A surprisingly interesting evil Superman clone character. Even the usual characters you kinda expected to see are back. But vastly different this time around.

Both Cyrax and Sektor are officially females. For a long time, both of them were male cyber ninja characters. I actually felt that's a good idea for this. Noob Saibot whose a different character than the original Sub-Zero like in older MK timelines. I kinda like this Noob Saibot more. he actually looks very fun to play as.

These characters with a story expansion are coming late September. Which already sounds way better than the first MK1 campaign's story just saying. This felt more like let's go the full distance with chaos here. We already bought in the MK multiverse into this. I strongly felt this upcoming chapters are going to be quite interesting.

Animalities are getting added for free. Now this is something I been waiting for since MK9. Just going by the preview shown, these are going to be truly over the top sick finishers. If you have a weak stomach don't even attempt to watch these. I'm so happy they are finally bringing it back after all these years.

I know it's about time I finally discuss the guest characters of Kombat Pack 2 right? When the leaks started, I'll be started if anyone remembers this. The one guest character's name that kept coming up was Ghostface. They gotten the classic costume with Roger L. Jackson reprising Ghostface's voice. Possibly to tie in with the upcoming Scream VII movie.

I'm already funny with all the chaos going on with that film. I would be amaze somehow it doesn't suck. It might be too bad for Neve Campbell to save. I previously played the character in Dead by Daylight, still one of my favorite license killers there. I knew about him as a dlc character in a Call of Duty game.

Obviously done way better than Michael Myers was there. Ghostface always been one of my favorite slasher villains ever. I am so over joyed he's actually coming to the game. Despite some major issues I had with. I strongly felt they could do a lot with the character here. I am happy to see Ghostface kept getting these major video game appearances.

T-1000 was a bigger surprise to me. When the leaks started showing the machine, I was like really? We previously had Terminator that's more based on Schwarzenegger. Although Schwarzenegger personally selected someone else to do the character for MK11. It's possible they might actually gotten Schwarzenegger to reprise Conan for this.

Schwarzenegger is notable in both franchises. This will bring more Schwarzenegger references. I do think Conan going to be quite violent with his finishers. I was slightly more surprised Conan's name started to show up in the leaks. Don't worry I'm coming back to T-1000 shortly. I do think he's going to be a lot of fun to play as.

Conan is still presented in many ways. More recently there's a Conan the Barbarian remake movie. One of my wife's favorite games is Conan Exiles. He's also in a lot of comics from several companies. There's a strong chance people know of the character. If they surprisingly didn't before, this upcoming MK1 appearance changes that lol.

As some of you know I'm a huge Terminator fan. I really hope Robert Patrick reprises the role. The actor posted all the times he played the character outside Terminator 2: Judgment Day. Easily one of the absolute greatest sci-fi action movies ever made!!! I also remembered Patrick in another movie called The Faculty.

T-1000 is a liquid metal terminator. Virtually there's thousands of smaller machines with shape shifting abilities working together. He can only form blade weapons for combat. He can shape shift as another person with ease. This alone makes T-1000 more interesting to play as. He's going to be among the most difficult to animate characters in history of the franchise.

We got Ghostface that brings humor. T-1000 brings shape shifting in a way the franchise haven't done before. Conan brings ridiculous strength not quite He-Man. But enough to once killed this one monster with his bare hands. Also with all three of them being from vastly different franchises. Rather than majority of guest characters in the first Kombat Pack being comic book ones.

I'm sure somehow a lot of people avoided the leaks to be very surprised. The leaks are so annoying it's difficult to not wanna look at em. Even if they really aren't right at all. I'm also curious whose going to be Ghostface. After all, a lot of killers in Scream franchise played the slasher. Personally hoping to see Matthew Lillard reprise his role as Stu Macher.

He's also famous for voicing Shaggy in several Scooby Doo stuff. So they also could do Scooby Doo references as well. They even could reference briefly Five Night at Freddy's movie. Considering he played in that movie too. They even could reference Wing Commander movie he's also in. Also with Thirteen Ghosts getting a show, he was in the remake movie as well.

This one actor would greatly open them up to possibly hundreds maybe thousands of jokes. Obviously I put my money they somehow gotten Lillard to reprise the role for Mortal Kombat 1. Which would make me deeply happy. Especially with a lot of people thinking his character somehow survived the original Scream movie theory.

I don't think that could make up for not getting the actor from The Boys show to reprise his role as Homelander. I do think if they actually do this, it's going to be absolutely amazing. Sylvester Stallone came back to do Rambo in MK11. Peter Weller also returned to reprise his role as RoboCop in the same game.

A lot of people deeply enjoyed both characters. Also having those actors reprising those characters. It added a new level to them to help make em even more replayable. This is also why Roger L. Jackson reprising Ghostace's voice being a huge deal. He previously done it for his Call of Duty appearance as well as Scream: Resurrection show.

They also could possibly reference the original Scary Movie. Which was essentially another Scream movie with some aspects of I Know What You Did Last Summer movie. This might be the closest we ever gotten to bringing Marvel's Deadpool to the franchise. Honestly, Ed Boon you are finally getting my attention towards this game great job sir.

In comparison to the first Kombat Pack lineup, this is notably way better. I actually wanna play as all of them. Which is quite rare for me to say. I am very excited to see all three these guest characters coming to the game. Not only that, all of them brings something truly unique to the table. Now how couldn't we start off with a lineup like this is beyond me?

No comments:

Post a Comment