Friday, November 13, 2020

Jack Red reviews Castle of Illusion and World of Illusion

 Hello everyone I'm Jack Red, I think it's time to review more games off of Sega Genesis Mini. I just made sure if I reviewed them before but nope I haven't. Now I haven't finished Castle of Illusion remake neither played the 8bit versions. I also haven't played Land of Illusion & Legend of Illusion which are the final two games of the series.

I will be Castle of Illusion and World of Illusion on Sega Genesis. You're getting two Mickey Mouse game reviews in one. Oh wait, World of Illusion also has Donald Duck I guess I shouldn't quack at it. I will start with Castle of Illusion for a few reasons. It was the first entry in Illusion series. It also the first game of that series I played a long time ago.

I didn't get to play World of Illusion until I gotten an Sega Genesis Mini, a long time I know. Both games are classic platformers that heavily centers around Mickey Mouse. World of Illusion has a more interesting view of illusions as well as using magic in some areas. Let's be honest, both these games looks & sounds absolutely amazing that still holds up incredibly well.

World of Illusion can be played coop of two players. But as one player you can choose who you want to be. Some parts of the stages have paths strictly for a particular character. All paths leads to the bosses respectively. Castle of Illusion has some clever stage designs. I actually prefer Castle of Illusion bosses more.

I kinda felt World of Illusion is much easier in comparison. But a few mechanics will get you killed if you aren't careful. Castle of Illusion is more about Mickey rescuing Minnie from a witch. In World of Illusion, both characters wants to stop Pete the Great. It is easier to memorize majority both games. Castle of Illusion also gives you two ways to defend yourself from enemies.

Both games aren't very lengthy. I felt Disney & Sega did amazing job with both games. The animations are still quite good. I felt Mickey was more fun in Castle of Illusion. Both games are very straight forward for the most part. Although, World of Illusion does more directly change up the game play.

Castle of Illusion is a master piece. World of Illusion is also a master piece just to me not as great as Castle of Illusion. I felt the challenge was more balanced, better boss fights and more interesting surprises within stages. Also, despite not giving you as much story as World of Illusion does. It still works to it's advantage in the end.

I do recommend both these Disney games especially to Mickey Mouse fans. World of Illusion is still a great game even with it's flaws. I just felt Castle of Illusion is more I'm looking for in a license game well one that doesn't suck. Overall, it's no question I prefer Castle of Illusion way more in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment