Saturday, November 7, 2020

Ways Dead Rising 2: Off the Record was better than the original version

 Hello everyone I'm Jack Red, I know Dead Rising 2: Off the Record is mixed received among the fans. There's people who don't like it that mostly see it as a quick cheap revision while others like myself love it. Most people I talked to about this series often told me it was among their favorites.

Honestly, this is my favorite Dead Rising game. Sometimes, what your favorite game in any franchise may be actually turned out to be everyone's favorite. There's plenty of changes in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record from the original version. I felt I should talk about reasons why I prefer the non canon version much more.

I do like Chuck Greene but he isn't that interesting to me. It's hard to compete with Frank West well except in DR4 where he sucked. But it was an excuse to replay the game as another character. Kinda like how some lock-on games for Sonic 3 & Knuckles in a sense.

Sandbox Mode is mixed because it has challenges that isn't necessary well thought out or much fun. Especially after you play the challenges in Dead Rising 3. At least, you'll have more ways to earn a lot of money. They increased the amount you'll get from ATM machines especially using the money hacker device.

This mode is in my opinion what Infinity Mode of Dead Rising 1 should've been like. You can fully explore the map to your likening. There's a new location that's also mixed. I actually like it a lot because it's a theme park. You can use rides to kill zombies or play some carnival games.

They added more outfits, weapons and a few vehicles. Yes the new combo weapons came from Dead Rising 2: Case West. Some of those are still among my favorites. They replaced Leon who kinda sucked overall with a crazy version of Chuck Greene. This was a more proper boss fight in comparison.

It also happens the closest we had two main characters facing each other. Before Nick fought Hunter then Adam later on in Dead Rising 3. They replaced Arthur's suit of armor for an Protoman costume. This is up to debate which you prefer. But Protoman not only comes with a weapon but also a shield too.

Arthur costume completely lacked a weapon altogether. In Dead Rising 4, Arthur is more to my likening personally. Parts of the story are more difficult to take seriously. I actually prefer Stacey boss fight over Sullivan's. I know a lot of people do prefer Sullivan's boss fight.

Mostly due to Stacey using an machine to kill you. This officially happens in canon within Dead Rising 3. They added Evan the Clown whose the brother of Adam the Clown. Just because you play as Frank, the game is more of a direct sequel to the original game.

Yes, Frank doesn't seen to have the same level of importance as Chuck had in his version. I also prefer moves Frank has in comparison to Chuck's. Another great reason is you probably knew Dead Rising 2 had dlc outfits. Each outfit affects game play in some way.

In Frank's version, you get four new dlc outfits that also affect the game play. But you also can get the previous dlc outfits hidden in that version of the game too. Now that's eight costumes that directly affect the game play you can have. Some achievements that both share are easier to get in this version as well.

I actually liked when you go to the map screen, you'll see the in game timer. This is important because in most games of that franchise. You had to use the watch to see the time. Which can put you at an disadvantage against enemies. Also, it's easier to plan around what to do in this version because of it's done here.

Some parts of the campaign are easier while others are more difficult like the endgame. In the original version, you had to buy or find Zombrex to give to Chuck's daughter. But she is only in the save house, sometimes you got to go a distance to just give her the shot.

In Frank's version, when it comes time you can quickly give yourself the shot. This alone saves you a lot of time as well as frustration during a run. Sandbox Mode also helps getting you ready for achievement hunting in the story mode. Also, TIR mode in DR2 mostly being multiplayer theme isn't all that fun.

In both modes of play, you can or someone else can join session thus making it coop. Despite, parts of it's flaws I do like you can do that. Dead Rising 2: Off the Record is essentially an non canon, updated version of the game. I would say this is way better than Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop on Wii.

Yes I know, a lot of cut scenes in this fact most of them are similar to what originally was there. I am not trying to dodge the bullet here. I strongly felt a lot of people took this game the wrong way fast. Simply because of the new location, to me this map was my favorite.

The simple fact you get plenty of freedom done right yes I'm looking at you Dead Rising 4. This version is worth giving a try especially if you're a fellow fan of the series. Most problems I had with the previous version was gone with this version. Honestly, I do recommend this game a lot for what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment