Sunday, November 1, 2020

Jack Red reviews The Banana Splits Movie

 Hello everyone I'm Jack Red, this is my late Halloween post. I had stuff come up during Halloween. But I made sure to watch something that's strangely interesting. Honestly, I will be reviewing a movie I knew about since last year. This is the case of The Banana Splits Movie. You could even say especially if you seen the show this is based on.

What the hell am I watching? Originally this was going to be a movie based on Five Nights at Freddy's. But they loss the rights to it, don't worry someone else is making an actual FNaF movie. In desperation to save their production they chose an old show not many people remember anymore.

You heard me correctly they chose The Banana Splits while making it a killer robot machine. As someone who seen a lot of reruns on Cartoon Network back in the day. I was thinking whoever responsible for this is high as crap. I guess with how the year 2020 is going who wouldn't at this point.

Now I should point out this is indeed a twisted take. The plot is this guy who recently became the new president of the network cancels The Banana Splits despite being a high rated show. All the people in the audience are unaware this was their last episode. Let's just say the stars themselves really didn't take kindly to this.

They added a new character named Steven whose. Oh okay I know what a lot of us are thinking Peewee Herman. Not to be confused with Steve from Blue's Clues. There's surprisingly a lot of deaths in this movie. The fact these robots wanted to kill the network president in front of children is pretty mess up.

In this universe, the show was on the air since the 70s. There isn't a lot of similar shows still around today like Sesame Street or Barney the Dinosaur. I rather see a parody of The Count than watching this. As stupid of a concept this may be, it kinda makes you curious to see how it plays. Honestly, this movie is very mess up at it's core.

In the original show well our universe, the stars were played by people. The fact they changed that to robots is crazy. Isn't the show wacky enough without directly killing people lol. This is of course a Syfy movie. I will say the killing scenes are satisfying including the weird ones. Like the guy who played Steven gets a large fake lollipop forced down his throat.

These robots even made harmless recurring themes of their show into essentially nightmare fuel. I got to be honest I went in thinking I wasn't going to like this movie. I ended up loving it, yes some characters are flat out dislikable. At the same time, this movie does have a few interesting characters.

Hard to believe this is officially the second movie of the franchise. During the run of the show, they had a movie so if you wanted The Banana Splits movie more faithful to it's faithful there you go. Not a lot of people know a brief revival on Cartoon Network back in 2008 to just reference the show.

I will say this the movie itself is not to be taken seriously. They transformed lovable characters into monsters. Let's be honest, even if it were to be a FNaF movie. They are just cashing on that franchise. This isn't necessary a bad movie. I would say this is a strangely interesting killer robot movie, I still prefer Child's Play remake.

No comments:

Post a Comment